Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo TOC - No Spoilers or Summaries  (Read 5443 times)

CaseyAbell

Lingo TOC - No Spoilers or Summaries
« on: September 06, 2004, 08:30:57 PM »
Won't post any spoilers or show summaries. I'll just say that if you missed the Lingo TOC, especially the final, make sure to catch the reruns. Most of the shows were well-played and suspenseful, but the final was one of the best (maybe THE best) game shows I've ever seen.

And that is no exaggeration.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 08:56:58 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Sep 6 2004, 07:30 PM\'] Won't post any spoilers or show summaries. I'll just say that if you missed the Lingo TOC, especially the final, make sure to catch the reruns. Most of the shows were well-played and suspenseful, but the final was one of the best (maybe THE best) game shows I've ever seen.

And that is no exaggeration. [/quote]
 Definitely good gameplaying for all the shows of it I saw. For all the waiting the people who cared about seeing the TofC had, part of it(mostly the last two shows) ends up against the Jennings show and 1.5 Million COlors of Light season premiere in most of the country.

Of course, by the time the champions get the voucher for their car in the mail, it will be a 2005 Suzuki Verona that will be considered new :)

CaseyAbell

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:37:29 PM »
One of the winners posted on the GSN board that they already got their Suzukis in March. Said they had a tax bill of about $1,700 each.

At least I assume it was one of the winners. On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog...

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 06:44:10 AM »
Yeah, it is.  I contacted them, verified it, and I am doing a short interview.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 06:15:16 PM »
When will it be rerun?

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 09:53:39 PM »
A photo of Chuck, a Suzuki rep and the winners was published in Multichannel News ALMOST A FRIGGIN' YEAR AGO -- issue date 11/03/03.

Way to go, GSN... could you have waited any longer to run the shows?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 09:53:56 PM by dzinkin »

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 10:14:28 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 06:15 PM\'] When will it be rerun? [/quote]
 Well, considering it took them THIS LONG to run the ToC for the first time, I'm thinking either summer 2005 or never. I'm leaning toward never.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 12:09:58 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 06:53 PM\'] A photo of Chuck, a Suzuki rep and the winners was published in Multichannel News ALMOST A FRIGGIN' YEAR AGO -- issue date 11/03/03.

Way to go, GSN... could you have waited any longer to run the shows? [/quote]
 Uh, they were waiting for you to forget about that. Yeah, that's the ticket...

CaseyAbell

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 07:50:07 AM »
Lingo's on the schedule as far as the Adlink data goes. I'm sure the TOC shows will be rerun sooner or later. If All New 3's a Crock can get reruns, those Lingo shows are a lock.

Funny note: just found a grumpy comment on one of the Playmates who appeared during the Lingo marathon. I really didn't notice Carmella's personality or lack thereof, because I was busy looking at, er, things. Snobbish moi has to admit that Carmella and her equally delectable teammate did better than I expected, especially in the bonus round.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 08:12:26 AM by CaseyAbell »

joshg

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 08:51:54 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 08:09 PM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 06:53 PM\'] A photo of Chuck, a Suzuki rep and the winners was published in Multichannel News ALMOST A FRIGGIN' YEAR AGO -- issue date 11/03/03.

Way to go, GSN... could you have waited any longer to run the shows? [/quote]
Uh, they were waiting for you to forget about that. Yeah, that's the ticket...[/quote]
I, however, did not forget who won... since the team I was on LOST. However, I am relieved that I don't have to answer the question "When are your shows going to be on?" ever again. I'm glad that GSN paid this past February as opposed to actually waiting the traditional 90 to 120 days after airing to receive the $$$.

Mr. Red Ball
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

CaseyAbell

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 09:14:03 AM »
If Mr. Red Ball was a member of the losing team in the final (won't say who that was because this is a spoiler-free thread) you were my pick to click all the way through. Took an enormous effort to finally defeat you, and you played outstandingly in every match. Even if you didn't reach the final, congrats anyway. Everybody in the TOC played really well. It was the "NFL of Lingo" as Chuck put it.

He also said something about "great balls of Lingo." Honest.

EDIT: Not to spoil the final, but the episode dropped the rules explanation, chitchat session, and (of course) the bonus round. So it was pure head-to-head competition between two fantastic teams. I lost track of how many puzzles they crunched through as the combined scores reached almost ridiculous levels. The show was close throughout and...well, I'm getting to close to a spoiler here. But if you EVER have a chance to watch it, don't miss this episode.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 09:33:19 AM by CaseyAbell »

sshuffield70

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 09:32:07 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 06:50 AM\'] Lingo's on the schedule as far as the Adlink data goes. I'm sure the TOC shows will be rerun sooner or later. If All New 3's a Crock can get reruns, those Lingo shows are a lock.

Funny note: just found a grumpy comment on one of the Playmates who appeared during the Lingo marathon. I really didn't notice Carmella's personality or lack thereof, because I was busy looking at, er, things. Snobbish moi has to admit that Carmella and her equally delectable teammate did better than I expected, especially in the bonus round. [/quote]
 Well, considering that the winners are two of my favorite Playmates.........:) :) :)