Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The next revival: "High Rollers"  (Read 6188 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The next revival: "High Rollers"
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2004, 09:19:13 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 04:50 PM\'] Well it just says a lesser amount, it doesn't specfically say that they get the main game earnings. [/quote]
 What part of "Game pays $50 for each number knocked off of the board." did you fail to understand?
If that is the case though, then I have another idea. If an opponent craps out, then I think you should give the winner an extra $50 or $100 for each number still on the board.
Brilliant. Let's give the players MORE reason to pass the dice early. Exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I don't think so.
Wait a minute scratch that, I have another idea. For the main game, have each number in game 1, worth $50, game 2 $100, game 3 $200 and so on. Same goes for remaining numbers when an opponent craps out.
This is the EXACT REASON I posted a disclaimer. I don't care if it's $37 per game. The play is the thing. If you look at something like this and go "It's good, but it would be better if the bonus were $20,000", then you are plain and simple an idiot. The numbers work themselves out after you playtest the game and figure out what kind of prize budget you have to work with.

If you have commentary about the game, feel free. If you wanna gripe about a scoring system I threw together in 90 seconds, well, I can't stop you, but expect the complaints to fall on deaf ears and to be classified as a moron.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2004, 10:45:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 11:46 AM\'] But you're not getting it. See, one player is playing PINK numbers, the other BABY BLUE numbers! [/quote]
 Any chance we could make the colors BEIGE and BARIUM CRUNCH instead?

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2004, 10:56:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 09:45 PM\'] Any chance we could make the colors BEIGE and BARIUM CRUNCH instead? [/quote]
 I'd prefer ecru and taupe myself.

Brandon Brooks

Monarx

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2004, 10:59:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 09:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 11:46 AM\'] But you're not getting it. See, one player is playing PINK numbers, the other BABY BLUE numbers! [/quote]
Any chance we could make the colors BEIGE and BARIUM CRUNCH instead? [/quote]
 No, no, no.  The key to any game show being popular nowadays is 1.5 million colors.

ObGS (just in case): The bonus round for Wheel is still one of my favorites.
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

gshowguy

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2004, 11:48:47 PM »
Or, maybe just a simple color like red and blue would be fine.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2004, 12:39:40 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 12:27 AM\'] What if he picked Rolf Benirschke to host? [/quote]
With Patrick Wayne (TTD '90)  announcing.  

Dude, don't give Pearson/Freemantle-types out there any more ammo than they have to have.  Enough of the revivals and changing things for the sake of changing them.  Save these posts for what's left of ATGS.

*Yes, I know that this was a Heatter-Quigley prod. when it started.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 12:40:40 AM by DrJWJustice »

DrJWJustice

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2004, 12:42:59 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 04:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 11:46 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 10:58 AM\'] [quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 08:38 AM\'] Oh, of course, I should've mentioned that a bad roll would give the game to your opponent. [/quote]
...making your version of the show just as broken as the original. [/quote]
But you're not getting it. See, one player is playing PINK numbers, the other BABY BLUE numbers! And each could have his or her own dice table with felt dyed to match their numbers! [/quote]
I meant, the numbers would be different colors. It's the MONITORS with the numbers (they are slide-projected) that are colored blue and pink. Also, they play the same dice table, so the monitors would spin around to face the table, depending on who's playing (again, if it's champ, it's the pink monitor, if it's challenger it's sky blue.). That's what I've been trying to say. [/quote]
 Now I'm even more confused.  How about you, gshowguy?

aaron sica

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Aug 26 2004, 12:42 AM\'] Now I'm even more confused.  How about you, gshowguy? [/quote]
 I think he was confused before he got here.