Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The current Family Feud  (Read 2167 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
The current Family Feud
« on: August 25, 2004, 04:47:12 PM »
Off and on this season, I've been taping Karn Feud to get some current material for the Family Feud Presentation Software. And there's one thing that I've noticed about a lot of the questions -- there aren't as many 2-point responses as there seemed to be in past versions of the show. They're not completely absent from the surveys, but on some questions, the total number of points available is pretty low, yet there are no 2-point answers.

The one question that I saw a while ago that really raised a flag was something along the lines of, "Name something you would find in a hamster cage," with the top four or five answers on the board. When all was said and done, the revealed answers only totalled somewhere in the range of 75 points. I can't even think of 25 unique things you would find in a hamster cage, let alone expect a group of 100 people to come up with all of them.

So are they deliberately cutting answers to shorten the surveys or are their respondents just really, really creative?

(Unrelated question: Why does the Triple round question always have four answers? Why never three?)

--
Scott Robinson

weaklink75

The current Family Feud
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 04:54:09 PM »
I think part of it is, they want games to try to go at least four questions (because if a family wins in three, they have to split Fast Money into two segments with a commercial break, which is sort of awkward).  Also, they only have 8 slots for regular questions, and 6 for Double and Triple rounds. So you can't have a lot of 2-point answers.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 04:54:51 PM by weaklink75 »

zachhoran

The current Family Feud
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 07:04:33 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 03:54 PM\'] because if a family wins in three, they have to split Fast Money into two segments with a commercial break, which is sort of awkward [/quote]
 WHat they could do if they wanted to be brave and break the awkwardness is to play both halves of Fast Money between commercials two and three, and then cut to commercial and do the goodbyes at the end of the show. WOF is the only current gameshow not to have actual gameplay events after the final commercial, there's no reason Feud couldn't do this when the maingame is won in three questions(not to mention all versions of Feud from 1976-95 had a commercial after FM)

adamjk

The current Family Feud
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 07:27:41 PM »
Just for the record, in the early years of the Dawson ABC run with the 200 point rule in effect, sometimes they would end the show right after fast money, depending on if they did 3 questions or 4. This was when they had a break after each question of course.

Don Howard

The current Family Feud
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 08:49:10 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 06:27 PM\'] Just for the record, in the early years of the Dawson ABC run with the 200 point rule in effect, sometimes they would end the show right after fast money, depending on if they did 3 questions or 4. This was when they had a break after each question of course. [/quote]
 There you are, MSTieScott, does that answer your question?

Frank15

The current Family Feud
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 09:32:08 PM »
Am I the only one who understood Scott's question?  I can't help but notice that none of the responses here relate to his question.

I can't say I rightly know, Scott.  I know I can't think of 25 unique things found in a hamster cage, so yeah, kinda' makes it look like 1-point answers aren't the only ones being discarded....

I remember for one question, something like "Name which of the 7 dwarfs your spouse is most like in bed" (not exact wording), there were 5 answers on the board, and only 96 points total.  So either Doc and Sneezy were eliminated 2-point answers, or at least 2 people have know idea who the 7 dwarfs are.

Of course, that really sucks for a maingame question, regardless.

As for finishing the game in 4 rounds, in order not to have to split Fast Money with a commerial break, I just don't get that.  They could easily solve that problem by placing the commercial breaks after rounds 1 and 2, instead of after rounds 2 and 3.

adamjk

The current Family Feud
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 09:46:09 PM »
That's what all other versions have done between 76-95.

Don Howard

The current Family Feud
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 09:52:03 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 08:46 PM\'] That's what all other versions have done between 76-95. [/quote]
Scott, we're not really sure of the answer to your question. However, I am curious about that myself. It could be there are two or more souls out there who truly couldn't summon the name of a dwarf in the heat of the moment. One person may have replied, "Billy Barty". We may never know.
By the way, gang, Master Robinson did stellar work playing Mike Berger's spectacular games during Game Show Mecca. If you were there, you know that Mike Berger rocks!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 09:52:35 PM by Don Howard »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
The current Family Feud
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 12:09:35 AM »
In the hands of Kobe Bryant.
--Mark
Phil 4:13