Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Record for most hours on TV  (Read 5074 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Record for most hours on TV
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2004, 06:03:12 PM »
OK, I apologize, but my statement about the infomercials still stands.

zachhoran

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2004, 06:55:21 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 04:43 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 04:16 PM\'][quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 03:41 PM\'] Besides, I'm sure if we counted infomercials, either Carleton Sheets or Ron Popeil would beat Regis. [/quote]
Who is Carleton Sheets?[/quote]
Real estate hustler and infomercial star.  That's all you need to know. [/quote]
 Obgameshow: Peter Marshall and, in one of his very last TV gigs, Art Fleming, hosted some early infomercials(circa late 80s) featuring Sheets and his supposed get rich quick real estate home course.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 03:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 02:50 PM\'] Geez, I second everyone else, please put a little thought in before you post! [/quote]
How about you think before insulting someone?  I'm sure you wouldn't like it happening to you. Infomercials are a part of TV, and it was a valid question. [/quote]
 Ah, so we find out who adamjk's bowling buddy is.  Maybe if your friend had an ounce of common sense, people wouldn't be so hard on him.  Nick, you had nothing to apologize for.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2004, 07:42:21 PM »
Actually, I agree with Brandon that Adam asked a valid question for a change.  Moreover, I'm not sure why it would be so difficult to count infomercials.  If Alex Trebek hosts a specific episode of Jeopardy! that airs on two hundred different stations at various times, we don't say that he hosted for one hundred hours.  (Yes, I know it's not exactly two hundred stations.  Be quiet, Zach & Co.)  However, I do agree that infomercials are, well, the creme de la crap of television -- so I don't know that I'd want to count them.

It's been a long time since I've watched any significant portion of an infomercial -- am I missing something?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 07:45:18 PM by dzinkin »

tvwxman

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2004, 08:46:11 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 25 2004, 06:42 PM\']
It's been a long time since I've watched any significant portion of an infomercial -- am I missing something? [/quote]
 Unless you like the smell of evaporating brain cells, then, no.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2004, 09:31:05 PM »
I can put an end to this infomercial question fairly quickly.  If reruns of ANY sort counted, then the all-time champ would be someone like Lucille Ball.  Regis (or anyone else) probably gets credit for the real time of the infomercial itself, not for every single time the same silly thing airs.  Still, like guest appearances on game shows, it can't possibly add more than a few hours to his total.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.