Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Question  (Read 1595 times)

dmota104

Family Feud Question
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:23:46 PM »
Anyone here remember the FF "Family Circle Magazine Tournament of Champions"?  The winning family racked up more than $100,000 and tickets to the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament in South Carolina.

IIRC, all the preliminary games in this FF tourney, the only one in the current Anderson/Karn version, used that crummy single-single-single-triple system with the higher scoring family advancing further in the tournament.  

Until the finals, all the money that the families would normal "win" in fast money would instead be deposited in to the tournament jackpot.  For example, if two relatives scored a combined 151 points, the jackpot is increased by $755 ("$5 for every point").  Reaching 200 points or more in the endgame means $20,000 goes into the pot.

In the finals, they actually played to a goal of 500 points with the winning family taking all the money in the pot plus the trip to South Carolina.

My question.  How many questions did they play until they played for double the points?  (I do recall Louie say the tourney finals marked the first time ever a double-valued question has been played in the 2nd remake of "the feud")  Then, when did they play for triple the stakes?

Reason I ask: I'm planning a FF party with friends.  I'm using questions I've got from a few home games plus using that fantastic FF game control program from www.katymae.com .  Playing to 500 should be fun.

Don Howard

Family Feud Question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 04:35:51 PM »
The answer is: They played three singles, then the double followed by the triple. There was sufficient time to do this since there was no Fast Money round that day.
Plus, in something I only saw that one time, Louie stayed on stage during the closing credits clapping his hands to the music along with everyone else. So remember to stay in your living room and clap your hands with the players when the game's over. And let me know what kind of reaction you get.