Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Make Me Laugh...  (Read 1582 times)

Kevin Prather

Make Me Laugh...
« on: July 22, 2004, 01:53:36 AM »
My mom swears that this happened on an episode of the original Make Me Laugh series. I hope someone here can confirm or deny.

A male comedian is performing for a female contestant. At one point, the comedian gets down on his knees and begs the contestant to laugh. When she doesn't, the comedian attempts to stand back up, but trips, and falls face-first into the contestant's breasts. The buzzer is immediately sounded to denote a foul.

So did this happen? And if it did, is there a clip still in existance?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Make Me Laugh...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 02:06:19 AM »
Considering the issues we've been having about posting unsubstantiated rumors:

Wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Make Me Laugh...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 02:10:14 AM »
Where is the harm in my question? I didn't say this happened, I'm asking, did this happen? It's no different then someone asking "Has anyone won X amount of money on Wheel of Fortune?" or "Was Vanna White a contestant on TPiR?"

Don Howard

Make Me Laugh...
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 06:42:55 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 01:10 AM\'] "Was Vanna White a contestant on TPiR?" [/quote]
 My Mom told me she was. She then proceeded to bowl a strike.

SplitSecond

Make Me Laugh...
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 21 2004, 11:06 PM\'] Considering the issues we've been having about posting unsubstantiated rumors:

Wow. [/quote]
 I think there's a substantial difference between relaying an unsubstantiated rumor and asking for confirmation of an unsubstantiated rumor, especially when one presents it as such.

whewfan

Make Me Laugh...
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 08:00:52 AM »
I cannot say if this moment happened, but the comics were given two restrictions. They could not, in any way, touch the players, and also they could not talk to the player, beyond asking yes or no questions.

The contestant also had to maintain eye contact with the comic, and an official "laugh" was the contestant opening his mouth or showing his teeth.

Bert Convy was on the show as a special guest, and Garry Shandling made him laugh before he could finish the joke. When Garry said "Jewish Country Safari" that was enough for Bert to laugh before 5 seconds were up. (Steve Beverly incorrectly gave another comic the credit for the joke on his site)

Jimmy Owen

Make Me Laugh...
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 09:00:01 AM »
Nitpick-The original MML was in 1958 with Robert Q. Lewis hosting. That being said, I don't think Morganna the Kissing Bandit ever appeared on MML.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.