Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How far HAS Jennings gone?  (Read 2147 times)

Kevin Prather

How far HAS Jennings gone?
« on: July 12, 2004, 08:34:22 PM »
http://www.houseofimprov.0catch.com/jennings2552.jpg

Here is a "screenshot" of Ken Jennings still winning far off into the distant future. The link won't work. You'll have to copy and paste into your browser in order to see it.

Obviously, it's not real, but I think it's good for a chuckle.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 08:37:53 PM by whoserman »

digiblader

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 08:45:25 PM »
Well, that's pretty ridiculous!

They'll probably ask him to retire eventually if he keeps going on and on for months and months.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 09:02:31 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 08:45 PM\'] Well, that's pretty ridiculous!

They'll probably ask him to retire eventually if he keeps going on and on for months and months. [/quote]
 Quoting what Alex has said all season long, "the sky's the limit".  If there are any changes, I'd think Jennings would be grandfathered in, since the rule currently is go until you lose.

About that image, I've seen funnier ones and cleaner ones i.e. images that aren't obviously faked.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 09:10:46 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 06:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 08:45 PM\'] Well, that's pretty ridiculous!

They'll probably ask him to retire eventually if he keeps going on and on for months and months. [/quote]
Quoting what Alex has said all season long, "the sky's the limit".  If there are any changes, I'd think Jennings would be grandfathered in, since the rule currently is go until you lose.

About that image, I've seen funnier ones and cleaner ones i.e. images that aren't obviously faked. [/quote]
 Agreed. The picture is very poorly doctored. I still think it was kind of funny.

Incidentally, $79,878,960 divided by 2552 days = $31,300 a day, so it does add up.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 09:38:18 PM »
The worst thing about that screenshot is that they're still using that same set in the 33rd season . . .

(But Ken certainly aged well.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 10:01:30 PM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Jul 12 2004, 07:45 PM\'] Well, that's pretty ridiculous!

What's ridiculous is your notion that they'll ask him to give it up.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 05:34:31 AM »
Boy, I'd probably get tired of just watching him after just ONE year let alone 13.  $78M + is a bit ridiculous at that, but hey, that photo sure was funny to look at anyways.

inturnaround

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 08:26:47 PM »
I didn't see the original pic as there's a "hotlinking error", but I saw these two on the View Askew message boards and thought you all might enjoy them.

He's a sophisticated cybernetic organism sent back in time to change the future... OF GAME SHOWS!

He has evolved. He is the Morm-ONE.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 08:53:14 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 13 2004, 07:26 PM\'] I didn't see the original pic as there's a "hotlinking error", but I saw these two on the View Askew message boards and thought you all might enjoy them.

He's a sophisticated cybernetic organism sent back in time to change the future... OF GAME SHOWS!

He has evolved. He is the Morm-ONE. [/quote]
 These are flipping priceless!

Go Ken Go!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

starcade

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 10:34:57 PM »
I'm not sure they'd *ask him* to give it up...

I think, at some point (probably well beyond Olmstead's record, should he get that far -- I think they'd pressure him to stay beyond $2,200,000, at the very least!), he'd just get so tired that he'd just retire at the end of a week and leave them to get three new contestants for the next Monday...