Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stone-Stanley Team Breaks Up  (Read 2601 times)

uncamark

Stone-Stanley Team Breaks Up
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 03:22:43 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Jul 7 2004, 08:25 AM\']
Maybe they'll go back to the logo used then, but it ain't likely.

Yeah, it's dated now...but just for the curious, it was basically the Stone Stanley logo used throughout the Lifetime days minus Stanley's name and a bigger shadow effect. I'm feeling Stone will run with it and keep the same "quality" we've come to expect with S-S. I don't hate all their shows, but not a whole lot will change with this split.[/quote]
The important thing about S-S is that they've remained in business as an independent boutique game/reality supplier while most of their competitors have been swallowed up by bigger fish.  Granted, most of their output has not been good, but they have had their moments, which for me have been outside of the studio game show genre ("The Mole," "Joe Schmo").  I'm glad that they're still around and that David Stone's going to continue to give the good fight.  I just wish their studio game product was much better--and as Randy Amasia said once, perhaps if Bob Synes had been able to stay around a few more years to teach the kids how to do it, it might've been.