Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BMI Richard Kirk award  (Read 1180 times)

kidsplash

BMI Richard Kirk award
« on: July 02, 2004, 10:24:48 PM »
I went to BMI.com to the Film/TV award site. Every year, they give out a Richard Kirk award for outstanding achievement and longevity in composing music for film and TV. I was disappointed to find that neither Edd Kalehoff nor Bob Israel were among the inductees for that award. Kalehoff has been in the game for 32 years ever since "The (New) Price is Right" came to CBS and syndication in 1972. Israel has been in the game for 41 years.

I have admired Kalehoff's work and I think he deserves an interview with tvgameshows.net's own Steve Beverly. I would love to get more insight on his music for game shows (The Price is Right, Double Dare, Tattletales, Card Sharks '86, History IQ, Trivia Trap) and also how he got started composing and also how he met and married Andrea McArdle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
BMI Richard Kirk award
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 04:14:02 AM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 07:24 PM\'] I have admired Kalehoff's work and I think he deserves an interview with tvgameshows.net's own Steve Beverly. [/quote]
 I, too, have admired his work, but I think he should be interviewed by someone the majority of this readership actually respects.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

BMI Richard Kirk award
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 07:47:17 AM »
I wrote a brief letter last year to his company basically saying how much I've enjoyed his work.

Not suprisingly, I didn't get a response.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS