Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I guess this is the TPIR scandal...  (Read 6584 times)

Mike Tennant

I guess this is the TPIR scandal...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 04:59:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 11:46 PM\']However the truth will always come out in the end.[/quote]
No pun intended, I'm sure.

MaryM7643

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 05:04:44 PM »
Just saw this over at http://www.jamn.com/pebblesentertainment.htm

Bob Barker's Latest Suit

What 80-year-old celebrity is being charged with sexual harassment? Bob Barker from The Price is Right. Two weeks from now, he’s being inducted into the television Hall of Fame, but unfortunately, it comes on the heels of a sexual harassment suit. The suit was filed by former Barker’s Beauty Claudia Jordan. She says, “Bob was the boss from hell! His sexual remarks were non-stop and out of line. And when I complained to producers, he fired me.” This isn’t the first time a case was filed against Barker. The other one was filed by another Barker’s Beauty Dian Parkinson. He won that one, but still has another one to go. Holly Hallstrom has been waiting 9 years to go to court. She says, “he’s able to pay lawyers who used every possible tactic to keep him from going before a jury. Barker’s a spiteful, vindictive, hateful old man.”

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 05:09:08 PM »
Yup, false.

[quote name=\'Marc Green wrote at www.golden-road.net\']Apparently there was a one-page article in last week's National Enquirer about this situation. The article said things like:

- Claudia Jordan is filing suit against Bob Barker because he was he was a horrible boss.
- Barker grabbed Jordan's rear-end.
- Barker, during a production meeting, said that Jordan should wear her birthday suit on the show.

The truth is that Barker did none of the above. A member of the show's production staff was recently terminated for sexual harassment. I even know for a fact (based upon the time that I spent at the show) that Barker does not attend the show's regular production meetings.

The question that Barker's legal team is now trying to answer is why he was placed in a defendant-type role in the article. Most close to the situation claim that the National Enquirer would not make such a blatant mistake, as recent libel lawsuits and settlements have cost the periodical a great deal of money. However, Barker's legal team has yet to hear back from The Enquirer. Jordan's lawyer, Nick Alden, was contacted, but he alleges that he never portrayed Barker as the guilty party in his discussions with The Enquirer.

Barker's stance at this point is that he has nothing to hide. He simply wants to know and possibly take action against the mis-spoken party.

Marc[/quote]

adamjk

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 05:27:57 PM »
I know this is off topic, but how do you quote from other sites?

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2004, 05:29:29 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 05:27 PM\'] I know this is off topic, but how do you quote from other sites? [/QUOTE]

Put [quote name=\'(text\' date=\' such as "Marc Green wrote") then close the bracket. Put the message you want to quote in, then end the quote with [/QUOTE\']
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 05:30:21 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

Mario500

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2004, 05:37:24 PM »
Somone (or something) must have a most negative view on Price to write something like this. All I have to say is "phew!"

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 06:36:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 05:37 PM\'] Somone (or something) must have a most negative view on Price to write something like this. All I have to say is "phew!" [/quote]
 It's the National Enquirer.  They have a negative view of whoever they want to whenever it suits them.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 06:37:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 02:37 PM\'] All I have to say is "phew!" [/quote]
 Don't worry; Jack Narz couldn't pronounce it either. ;)

cmjb13

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 06:42:52 PM »
You want the truth, get it from the source (Claudia)

Straight from Claudia's yahoo group. Not sure if you can view this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ClaudiaJordan/message/2554

You may need to be a member to view the message.

Hey there... ok.. here is the truth... that i could really talk about until now.... BOB BARKER NEVER TOUCHED ME. However if you replace BOB's Name with the name of the Executive producer that was eventually fired... the story would be 1000% true. The magazine (the Enquirer) wanted to make the truth more appealing to readers,,,, so they put it all on on Bob. I was very mad about this mixup. But YES I was harassed ALL THE TIME. But although I beleive Bob knew about what was going on and chose to turn the other cheek... he never touched me. It was someone else... my boss... the producer... he was a jerk!
Claudia J
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 08:23:47 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 05:42:11 AM »
I guess maybe now Claudia's words can put this scandal to bed for awhile.  I was worried there yesterday.

76GMC

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 08:13:31 AM »
A thought--and legitimate question:

Knowing that the offender is now gone, could she ever come back?

76GMC  (Rick)

joey7879

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 08:40:17 AM »
I guess this is why when people asked her why she left, she said her workplace was so uncomfortable to the point where she left the studio in tears everyday.

Most people assumed that she quit because they wanted to put her on as a rotating model and was already upset that she couldn't make any friends because models just came in and out everyday. She told everyone previously how she was really hurt when Heather & Nikki had to leave because they were what made working better.

Sad, really, that what happened happened.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 08:50:57 AM »
But although I beleive Bob knew about what was going on and chose to turn the other cheek...
For someone who's complaining about having her rear end pinched, I found this an interesting turn of phrase....
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Skynet74

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 10:48:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 03:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 11:46 PM\']However the truth will always come out in the end.[/quote]
No pun intended, I'm sure. [/quote]

Yeah actually it was intended. Sorry that I forgot the Smiley face. :-)

John

BrandonFG

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2004, 04:21:43 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 05:42 PM\'] Hey there... ok.. here is the truth... that i could really talk about until now.... BOB BARKER NEVER TOUCHED ME. However if you replace BOB's Name with the name of the Executive producer that was eventually fired... the story would be 1000% true. The magazine (the Enquirer) wanted to make the truth more appealing to readers,,,, so they put it all on on Bob. I was very mad about this mixup. But YES I was harassed ALL THE TIME. But although I beleive Bob knew about what was going on and chose to turn the other cheek... he never touched me. It was someone else... my boss... the producer... he was a jerk!
Claudia J [/quote]
 Hmm...looks like I'll be paying a visit to TPiR...and it's not to be a contestant. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!