Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Host introductions  (Read 13627 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Host introductions
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2004, 10:04:29 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 12:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 10:43 AM\'] Interesting that the first three hosts of "Card Sharks" (Jim, Bob, Bill) were all introduced as "host". [/quote]
What about Pat Bullard? [/quote]
 He was a black hole.

Frank15

Host introductions
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2004, 10:14:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 08:53 PM\'] I'll just address the two in the thread title, "star" and "host."  With rare exceptions, on a good show, the host is just that, the host, and the contestants are the stars. [/quote]
 I'm not so sure... I was just talking with someone about this very matter the other day, a subject we disagreed upon.  He said that the host is the star, and the contestants are just tools for the star.  I said the host and contestants are essentially co-stars, that they need to complement one another.

And then, I guess there's also your third way of looking at it ;).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Host introductions
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2004, 11:14:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Frank15\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 07:14 PM\'] He said that the host is the star, and the contestants are just tools for the star. [/quote]
 Depending on the show, I'd certainly agree that the contestants are tools. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JMFabiano

Host introductions
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2004, 01:10:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 11:33 AM\'] On one of the audio tapes I have of Password '75 (post-All Stars), Allen introduces himself sans music.  "Hi, I'm Allen Ludden.  These are your contestants, who'll be playing today with Jack Klugman and Juliet Mills.  And the name of your game is, of course, Password!" cue music, etc. [/quote]
 Speaking of which, there was also Password Plus, Allen was referred to as the "star," while Bill and then Tom were the "hosts."  Of course, when Allen died, Tom was upgraded to "star" himself.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

mb425

Host introductions
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2004, 07:08:11 AM »
In Season One of Lingo, Chuck Woolery introduced himself. "Hello everyone, I'm Chuck Woolery....", Now, of course Stacey intros him, I think he's called the host as well as having some made up, stupid thing about him like, "and here's the host of Lingo,The man who's VCR clock is no longer flashing, Chuck Woolery!"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 07:10:28 AM by mb425 »

gameshowguy2000

Host introductions
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2004, 11:32:49 AM »
[quote name=\'mb425\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 06:08 AM\'] In Season One of Lingo, Chuck Woolery introduced himself. "Hello everyone, I'm Chuck Woolery....", Now, of course Stacey intros him, I think he's called the host as well as having some made up, stupid thing about him like, "and here's the host of Lingo,The man who's VCR clock is no longer flashing, Chuck Woolery!" [/quote]
 And in Season 2, Randi Thomas introed him with "And now, here's your host, Chuuuck Woolery!" (I think that's right)

ChuckNet

Host introductions
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2004, 11:58:38 AM »
In Season One of Lingo, Chuck Woolery introduced himself. "Hello everyone, I'm Chuck Woolery....", Now, of course Stacey intros him, I think he's called the host as well as having some made up, stupid thing about him like, "and here's the host of Lingo,The man who's VCR clock is no longer flashing, Chuck Woolery!"

They also used ad-libbed comments in the intros to Super Sloppy and Family DD (1st season), as they do on the current FF.

Speaking of which, how many shows have had the host introduced w/the prefix "Mr."? The only ones that come to mind are Dream House and FF, as of this season...any others?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

dzinkin

Host introductions
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2004, 12:00:31 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 11:58 AM\'] Speaking of which, how many shows have had the host introduced w/the prefix "Mr."? The only ones that come to mind are Dream House and FF, as of this season...any others? [/quote]
 Didn't the late-70s Newlywed Game do likewise?

adamjk

Host introductions
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2004, 12:15:16 PM »
There were times on Win, Lose or Draw with Bert Convy, that he would be called Mr.

Jimmy Owen

Host introductions
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2004, 12:26:10 PM »
On the Bob Stewart shows, wasn't Bill Cullen usually introduced with the title of the show, then ".....starring Bill Cullen."?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

FeudDude

Host introductions
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2004, 01:15:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 03:19 PM\'] By the way, the word "star" for TPiR was not just reserved for Mr. Barker:

"And now, here's the star of The (Nighttime or New) Price is Right, Dennis James/Tom Kennedy/Doug Davidson!" - Olson, Roddy, and Richardson [/quote]
 Actually, Doug Davidson was introduced as the "host."

Also, regarding the recent incident on TPIR, Rich said that he did introduce Bob that day, but he had a cold and his voice was cracking big time when he introduced Bob.  That raspy intro was edited out, but Rich's re-recorded intro didn't make it into the show.

uncamark

Host introductions
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2004, 02:24:48 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 12:15 PM\']Also, regarding the recent incident on TPIR, Rich said that he did introduce Bob that day, but he had a cold and his voice was cracking big time when he introduced Bob.  That raspy intro was edited out, but Rich's re-recorded intro didn't make it into the show.[/quote]
Interesting, considering that the previous announcer on "TPIR" seemed to have no problems with his voice cracking on the air.

Although it sure fit at the end of another show, when Rod was saying "...is a Jay Wolpert Presentation for Burt Sugarman, Inc. (or "a production of the Bud Austin Company!")!  Stay tuned for 'The Price is Right' after the news next on most of these CBS stations!"

DrBear

Host introductions
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2004, 02:37:44 PM »
Well, there's always the possibility of truth in advertising...

"And now, here's the flaming egotist who makes more money for one show than I do all year...."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

uncamark

Host introductions
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2004, 03:01:34 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 01:37 PM\']Well, there's always the possibility of truth in advertising...

"And now, here's the flaming egotist who makes more money for one show than I do all year...."[/quote]
"And speaking of flaming, here's your host--Ryan Seacrest!"

[Angus Deayton] Allegedly.  [AD]

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Host introductions
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2004, 09:09:44 PM »
If I recall correctly, Peter Tomarken was introduced as "the star of Press Your Luck." Which I always disagreed with, since the Whammy was the star of that show.

--
Scott Robinson

Or, on days when nobody hit a Whammy, the big board.