Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy rumours  (Read 11029 times)

tvwxman

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2004, 08:01:48 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 06:09 PM\'] Ah, didn't know that. I stand corrected. [/quote]
 Yeah, cause it ain't like you to post something without getting your facts right first...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

adamjk

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2004, 08:04:43 PM »
So I was wrong. So sue me.

Yogi007

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2004, 08:56:06 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 05:08 PM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 04:59 PM\']
And speaking of past & present posters, what day next week does a certain poster appear as a contestant?? [/quote]
Monday the 21st.[/quote]
Hey, if our "poster's" show is on the 21st, is he allowed to tell us if he plays against Ken??  Well, Matt??  Just wondering.  (and be nice to me...this is my first official post!)
sarcasm included at no extra charge

Don Howard

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2004, 08:57:21 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 06:45 PM\'] I hope J! will start giving away Cadillacs and Lincolns.

TPIR does that. [/quote]
 Do they? Well then, Jeopardy! had best begin doing this post-haste.
On second thought, let's have them give away Buick Skylarks.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2004, 09:02:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Yogi007\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 05:56 PM\'] Hey, if our "poster's" show is on the 21st, is he allowed to tell us if he plays against Ken??  Well, Matt??  Just wondering.  (and be nice to me...this is my first official post!) [/quote]
 No. We have a rule against disclosing game-related information about a show before it airs.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

starcade

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2004, 10:35:48 PM »
I have to begin who could beat that guy...  I mean, he's been even challenged about the grand sum total of MAYBE ONCE...

A new millionaire on Jeopardy, the hard way???

Yogi007

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2004, 10:50:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 08:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'Yogi007\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 05:56 PM\'] Hey, if our "poster's" show is on the 21st, is he allowed to tell us if he plays against Ken??  Well, Matt??  Just wondering.  (and be nice to me...this is my first official post!) [/quote]
No. We have a rule against disclosing game-related information about a show before it airs. [/quote]
 I knew that....I was trying to be sneaky and find out if Ken wins the next three games and goes up against Matt.  Hey, can't hurt to ask.  I know I wasn't the only one who thought it.  (or was I??)
sarcasm included at no extra charge

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2004, 12:32:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Yogi007\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 07:50 PM\'] I knew that....I was trying to be sneaky and find out if Ken wins the next three games and goes up against Matt.  Hey, can't hurt to ask. [/quote]
 Yeah, it can.

Some of us DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Next time you get the idea to be "sneaky"? Don't.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2004, 05:32:01 AM »
Couple of quick comments here:

I think the $1M mark(29 games) will occur first based on Ken's current average($34,196.18) before the 50 game win streak.

J! will no longer give away cars.  It just isn't gonna happen.

If you ask me, Matt will more than likely match up against Ken on Monday.  However, he'll need a whole lotta luck because I sense this streak will continue through at least the end of the current season.

wvoutlaw2002

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2004, 12:14:44 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 05:41 PM\'] Well, eventually the viewers are gonna get tired of him and the contestants, especially, are likely to get annoyed that they worked so hard, yet they only get $1000 or $2000 because Ken keeps beating them.

I do wish Jeopardy would find someone that can beat Ken Jennings.. instead of all these players who get clobbered by him.

I mean, someone's gotta be better than him at some subject on the show.

Look what happened to Thom McKee on Tic Tac Dough in his 43(or was it 44th) match when he tripped up on a question on Asia(I think, I'll have to double-check.), causing him to finally be defeated.

I'm not trying to be negative, but eventually someone's going to be better than Ken Jennings on J!. [/quote]

Well, eventually the viewers are gonna get tired of him and the contestants, especially, are likely to get annoyed that they worked so hard, yet they only get $1000 or $2000 because Ken keeps beating them.

Didn't people start to get tired of Howard Wilson halfway thru his run on "Whew!"?

Frank15

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2004, 12:29:47 AM »
Something I've wondered before, and since a few people have mentioned it...

Why does Jeopardy! have fewer reruns than other gameshows?  In particular, why does it have fewer reruns than sister show Wheel of Fortune?  You'd think at least that pair of shows would run new shows for the same duration....

adamjk

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2004, 01:03:11 AM »
I think it may have to do with the fact that J has returning champs. Wheel on the other hand does not. People who watch Wheel really won't notice the difference between new shows and reruns, unless they have already seen them. People who watch Jeopardy on the other hand will know the difference, as they would see one champ one day but a different champ the next.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:03:36 AM by adamjk »

Craig Karlberg

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2004, 04:54:30 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 12:03 AM\'] I think it may have to do with the fact that J has returning champs. Wheel on the other hand does not. People who watch Wheel really won't notice the difference between new shows and reruns, unless they have already seen them. People who watch Jeopardy on the other hand will know the difference, as they would see one champ one day but a different champ the next. [/quote]
Not only that, during sweeps periods, they have tournaments & special weeks(Power Players Week i.e.).  That's why there are only 6 weeks of summer reruns compared to 12 or 13 for Wheel.

Robair

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2004, 07:53:42 AM »
Getting more or less back to the original theme, I really think that however long Ken goes for in this series, when he decides the stress of being under those hot lights is too much and he feels he has enough money, he'll lay the buzzer down and let someone else win.

The only person who's going to stop Ken Jennings, in truth, is Ken Jennings.

What would really be comical though is if Ken gets to the Tournament of Champions with maybe $2 million or more and he gets a shot at a paltry $250,000. Hardly worth it.

And just imagine the contestant interview on day 63...

ALEX: Hey, Ken!
KEN: Hey, Alex!
ALEX: 'Sup?
KEN: Nothing. Yourself?
ALEX: Same here. Okay, pick up your signaling buttons...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 07:57:51 AM by Robair »
--Robair

uncamark

Jeopardy rumours
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2004, 03:52:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 06:53 AM\']What would really be comical though is if Ken gets to the Tournament of Champions with maybe $2 million or more and he gets a shot at a paltry $250,000. Hardly worth it.

[/quote]
Not to mention that the other contestants are going to treat him like soiled laundry, since all they'll have on their minds is whupping him.

And just imagine the contestant interview on day 63...

ALEX: Hey, Ken!
KEN: Hey, Alex!
ALEX: 'Sup?
KEN: Nothing. Yourself?
ALEX: Same here. Okay, pick up your signaling buttons...

Glenn Kagan to Ken:  "Are you sure we've covered *everything* you've ever done in your life?"