The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Aussie WWTBAM faces another controversy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Peter Sarrett:
Why would you turn to Google for a spell-check when you can turn to an authority on the subject like Merriam-Webster (www.m-w.com)?  The spellings I cited are from that source.

Both pronunciations (Boogie and Bogey) are considered correct.

- Peter

Brandon Brooks:
[quote name=\'Peter Sarrett\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 08:31 PM\'] Why would you turn to Google for a spell-check when you can turn to an authority on the subject like Merriam-Webster (www.m-w.com)?  The spellings I cited are from that source.

Both pronunciations (Boogie and Bogey) are considered correct.

- Peter [/quote]
 Because Australians may not consider Webster's as a reputable source; they just might pay more attention to Oxford, though I'm not sure.

Brandon Brooks

starcade:
On the High Court question, the wrong answer was given as correct, but was 2 one of the answers??  If not, they should've reinstated the player at 32K and started him where he was...  Geez, and we think the American version gets a little dicey sometimes...

CherryPizza:
Somebody else here in Aus informs me that the contestant has been re-instated. Apparently it's been advertised that he'll be back on the next show

Robert Hutchinson:
[quote name=\'Peter Sarrett\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 08:31 PM\']Why would you turn to Google for a spell-check when you can turn to an authority on the subject like Merriam-Webster (www.m-w.com)?  The spellings I cited are from that source.[/quote]
Or you can turn to The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, which is just fine with \"boogieman\". M-W is an authority, but there are certainly others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version