Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Review: Your Face Or Mine? (no spoilers)  (Read 949 times)

weaklink75

Review: Your Face Or Mine? (no spoilers)
« on: June 14, 2004, 05:34:08 PM »
Well this is MTV's new show, and I don't think it's that bad.

Premise:A couple tries to predict who the studio audience will prefer between pairs of people for a chance at up to $5000 in cash.

Round One: The couple is shown three pairs of celebrities. After the audience locks in their vote, they select who they prefered. $100 per correct answer.

Bonus question:They are shown another set of pictures...one member of each of their families. A correct prediction is worth a small prize.

Round Two:The couple is now making predictions, one at a time, between themselves and another person. Each member of the couple has three sets, one is picture sent in to the MTV website, the other two are "holograms" (it's a neat camera trick actually). A correct prediction is worth $200.

Round Three:The couple now has to face comparisons between themselves and 4 "mystery guests" (2 per player)--exes, friends, etc. $250 for a correct response.

Double or Nothing: The couple must now guess which one of them the audience prefered. A correct answer doubles their money-a wrong answer loses everything (except for the prize if they had won it earlier)

Thoughts:
The show is an interesting concept (based on a British Format), but one to me that can get old very quickly.  Trying to second guess the audience is a concept that's been done in various formats before, and for this type of show it works,

The host is a new guy to game shows (Dan Levy), and he is borderline good, but has a tendency to be over the top at times.

Having only one couple a show is sort of meh to me....if it could be tweaked to involve two couples competing against each other in some format, I think it should have been done.

And having the final question double or nothing is just bad....because you could have a couple get all the questions right execpt for the last one, and go home empty handed. Make it a bet....they have to bet at least half the money they have or more.

The set is pretty nice, and the effects are good as well (the holograms, and for the Double or Nothing round, they put the faces of the couple on a transparent sheet of glass...it's unique)

Overall, not a bad show, but it won't be a classic....but MTV is trying at least. I'll give it a B-. With a few tweaks, this could be a nice little show......