The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Minimum Daily Double wager?

<< < (5/5)

clemon79:
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 05:16 PM\'] If you're trying to ride a horse, and it's fighting you, you should turn instead to a pogo stick?

More than two fish in that particular ocean . . . [/quote]
 Robert and Chris both have good points. Visual Basic is powerful, no question, but I've been wanting to learn C++ for a long time, and the fact that a Visual version exists and I can use it to make Windows apps just like the pros do is another draw. I'm sure I will look at VB down the line (or maybe sooner, depending on what it's going for at the Company Store) 'cuz it would probably be easier to whip up small apps quickly.

chris319:
If you're trying to ride a horse, and it's fighting you, you should turn instead to a pogo stick?

When was the last time you got into a fight with a pogo stick? ;-)

I'm not writing an operating system or a language compiler. For most of the stuff I do BASIC gets the job done with a minimum of muss and fuss. It's come a long way since BASICA and GWBASIC.

Robert Hutchinson:
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 10:10 PM\']When was the last time you got into a fight with a pogo stick? ;-)[/quote]
When was the last time you traveled anywhere via pogo stick? But, of course, you already knew that was my point. :-P

I encountered copious amounts of both muss and fuss during my time spent with (modern) BASIC. I'm glad you've been more fortunate. I used up all my luck on this Win98 machine that almost never crashes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version