Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Girl In My Life  (Read 1408 times)

Matt Ottinger

The Girl In My Life
« on: May 03, 2004, 02:00:04 PM »
Oldsters here remember an audience-participation show caleld The Girl In My Life hosted by Fred Holliday.  It really wasn't a game show (it's not listed in the EOTVGS either) but rather a human-interest program where deserving women were surprised with gifts and warm stories.

Anybody know if there's any chance those old shows survive?  I don't remember enough about it to even know who made the silly thing.  Someone e-mailed me asking whether she could find a tape, and while I think that's very unlikely, it would be nice to be able to tell her something.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

The Girl In My Life
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 02:08:48 PM »
It was a TN (Tom Naud) production and IIRC, it was done in association with Metromedia Producers Corporation.  If they retained ownership, Fox is the successor company of MPC.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

The Girl In My Life
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:39:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 3 2004, 01:08 PM\']It was a TN (Tom Naud) production and IIRC, it was done in association with Metromedia Producers Corporation.  If they retained ownership, Fox is the successor company of MPC.[/quote]
Personally, I don't recall the MPC credit myself--just the TN credit.

ObGameShow:  Edd Kalehoff did the music for the show--and it did sound like what he did for "TPIR" and "Concentration" back then.

davemackey

The Girl In My Life
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 05:41:31 PM »
The so-called "Concentration unused car cue" that's circulating around the music-trading racket is actually a "Girl In My Life" prize cue.