Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alternate Daytime Emmys  (Read 13058 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Alternate Daytime Emmys
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2024, 10:41:30 AM »
A 20-year bump…Roger is that a new record?

/Didn’t see William’s joke
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2024, 10:54:56 AM »
The distance from the bump to the OP is just over 19 years 11 months; that same time distance working backwards from the date of OP would have been June 1984. 

Since we're here though: As both OP and Bumpee both noted: Donny Osmond really should get more love for his Pyramid work. That version of the show had a lot of flaws but he was absolutely not one of them and was frequently stellar. Respectful of celebrity legends, gave the appearance of wanting you to care when it was some newer actor people might not know, great with contestants, seemed to balance all the roles required of an emcee very well, and even dealt well with some of the baffling production and judging choices that that reboot had. Obviously, Trebek's a legend (and Strahan's done a fantastic job on contemporary Pyramid the past near-decade) but Donny doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves for that version of the show IMO.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024, 11:22:13 AM »
For my watching I thought Donny was a bright spot, unfortunately he was shackled with a legend property that went off the reservation in too many ways. I don't know if I think that he wins an Emmy (at the very least, I think George Gray on the daily Weakest Link was better) but you have Alex, Pat, Bob, Regis, Meredith and at least a couple of those names need to be pushed out of the box to win.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2024, 11:43:26 AM »
Donny was a good host stuck in a decent but watered-down revival. I get that modern game shows don’t allow for a big money tournament that could potentially run for several weeks (J! is an anomaly, due to last year’s strike), but I’d rather you just do straight Pyramid instead of half-assing a tourney.

The other rule changes like six words in :20 and the writing/judging never sat well with me either.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2024, 01:41:24 PM »
Perhaps Donny just wasn't to my taste, but I always got the vibe that he was making the show about him too often. I remember Winners Circle wins when he was in the circle yelling before the win even registered. Michael Strahan is much better at what Dick Clark was good at, letting the moment happen.

chrisholland03

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2024, 02:57:48 PM »
Donny as host of Pyramid > John Davidson as host of Pyramid

Fight me

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2024, 03:00:20 PM »
Roger, when was the last time someone bumped a thread this old?

My thing -- and I'm sure I've said this before -- is how do you even FIND a thread this old?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2024, 03:35:27 PM »
Seems to be the work of one "Long Live Jeopardy!", who also bumped a thread that was only 2 months old (as compared to nearly 20 years old).

Kevin Prather

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2024, 04:13:59 PM »

Fight me

Well I mean...

Mark Odor as host of Pyramid > John Davidson as host of Pyramid.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2024, 04:48:27 PM »

Fight me
No fight required. That's a TKO victory.

/but keep fighting? What the hell does that mean? Keep fighting?
Travis L. Eberle