Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Splitting the winnings among rooting sections...  (Read 11292 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Splitting the winnings among rooting sections...
« on: October 29, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »
I've become more and more curious about just how big these rooting sections on shows like Tattletales were. How many people did they sit in each section? And also, how many shows did they keep the folks around for? Did they do a whole.set, or was there a new audience for each episode?

These people aren't really walking outta the studio with a crapton of money regardless but I'm certainly curious.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Splitting the winnings among rooting sections...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:29:31 AM »
122, a whole week with celebrities moving to new sections each day.
Travis L. Eberle

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 09:42:16 PM »
I was wondering the same thing myself these last few weeks now that I have Buzzr.

122? That's a very odd number for starters, mainly cuz of having to do the math for the split. You'd think they'd make it an even 100 to a section, right? Or even 200?

Either way, it always feels to me when I see that wide shot at the beginning like it's so many more people.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 10:02:07 PM »
I was wondering the same thing myself these last few weeks now that I have Buzzr.

122? That's a very odd number for starters, mainly cuz of having to do the math for the split. You'd think they'd make it an even 100 to a section, right? Or even 200?

Either way, it always feels to me when I see that wide shot at the beginning like it's so many more people.
I saw what I thought was an odd total on a website that listed what members had won on game shows, so I asked Randy A. 1) was there a three-way tie during the week he was there and 2) how many people per section if he knew, so that number comes from someone who sat in the crowd.
Travis L. Eberle

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »
122, a whole week with celebrities moving to new sections each day.

Is this 122 total, or 366 for all three?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »
Per section.
Travis L. Eberle

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »
122 is right as Bert mentioned that several times.  However, I know that after either two or three shows (depending on the week, I guess) they had the dinner break.  I was under the impression it was a new audience for the shows after the break - maybe you could stay and wait if you wanted to.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!