Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I WISH THEY HAD MADE...  (Read 6208 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
I WISH THEY HAD MADE...
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'May 2 2004, 06:59 PM\'] Interestingly enough, I saw a game called "Beat the Experts" at Barnes & Noble a couple days ago that centered around this concept...according to the back of the box, you're given a category and 10 (or similar number thereof) questions, and then see how you stack up to the answers of an "expert" in the field (Buzz Aldrin for astronomy, Dr. Joyce Brothers for psychology, etc.) It looked kind of fun, really (and similar to "Beat the Geeks," I guess, except for using actual celebrities).
 [/quote]
 As many of you know, the Wizards Of The Coast retail game store chain has been going through a closing-up-shop clearance sale for a few months now. Ours finally closed for good this week.

I was there Monday, just to see if anything worthwhile was left. They had about eleventy BILLION copies of this game, and that was about it.

Just sayin'. Maybe I missed out on a bargain. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

I WISH THEY HAD MADE...
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2004, 10:03:30 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'May 2 2004, 09:59 PM\'] Interestingly enough, I saw a game called "Beat the Experts" at Barnes & Noble a couple days ago that centered around this concept...according to the back of the box, you're given a category and 10 (or similar number thereof) questions, and then see how you stack up to the answers of an "expert" in the field (Buzz Aldrin for astronomy, Dr. Joyce Brothers for psychology, etc.) It looked kind of fun, really (and similar to "Beat the Geeks," I guess, except for using actual celebrities). [/quote]
 You wanna know how old this concept really is?  I have a hardback quiz book called Ask Me Another from 1927.  It's a series of trivia quizzes, and probably one of the first of its kind.  And for most of its quizzes, the editors posted the score of some notable public figure of the day for you to compare with.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

I WISH THEY HAD MADE...
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2004, 10:23:20 AM »
Shouldn't that be Dr. Joyce in the category of boxing?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.