Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?  (Read 5089 times)

CaseyAbell

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« on: April 29, 2004, 08:42:36 AM »
The second non-traditional debut week of June 14 continues to take shape. The much talked-about dodgeball show takes over Mole's slot at 10:00 Tuesday:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....02162297&EDATE=

Don't know if Mole burrows underground for good, or if it will surface somewhere else on the schedule. I liked the show but maybe there's some truth in the old cliche about reality not repeating well. Still, this dodgeball epic looks like it could be fun despite the presence of Bill Maher, who must have come cheap. Certified Public Assassins?

EDIT: Oops, it's not Bill Maher, it's Bil Dwyer. Don't know anything about him. Also, all this reshuffling of the non-traditional stuff shows that maybe the Prof was right when he exulted over its poor performance in the ratings. So far the only non-trad show that's getting nice words and a renewal from GSN is Blackjack.

Also, Dog Eat Dog and Average Joe might well take over the timeslots of Kenny vs. Spenny and Fake-a-Date starting the week of June 14. Nope, Rich Cronin didn't give me a call, but that's how things seem to shaping up. Looks like GSN is unhappy over the performance of all the non-traditional shows except Blackjack.

So they'll try different non-trad shows. Lotsa luck, guys!

One more note: the Mole's first season, which began its repeat on GSN this week, ran for nine eps. GSN doesn't have time to get them all in before Dodgeball takes over the timeslot on June 15. I can't see them shifting the last couple of episodes to a different timeslot, so my guess is that they'll skip a couple of the shows.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 10:31:26 AM by CaseyAbell »

daveromanjr

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 10:11:51 AM »
I'm sorry, but I really can't image Extreme Dodgeball bringing in the numbers GSN is hoping for.  

I may watch Average Joe, however, since I missed it the first time and the idea of it sounds pretty good actually.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:16:28 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 07:42 AM\'] EDIT: Oops, it's not Bill Maher, it's Bil Dwyer. Don't know anything about him. [/quote]
 Dwyer had hosted DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATER for PAX, and if memory serves was also the host of BATTLEBOTS on Comedy Central.  He was also among a number of personalities lending opinions to VH-1 on their I LOVE THE (insert decade here) shows.  So he's been around.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 11:53:37 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 08:16 AM\'] Dwyer had hosted DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATER for PAX, and if memory serves was also the host of BATTLEBOTS on Comedy Central. [/quote]
 And I wanna say before that he worked for ESPN for a while. So he does have a sports background. (If nothing else from doing Ultimate Fan League for FSN.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 12:53:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 29 2004, 10:53 AM\'] And I wanna say before that he worked for ESPN for a while. [/quote]
 Well, don't let me stand in your way...
czambo@mac.com

weaklink75

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 02:26:13 PM »
And the timing of the debut is perfect for them, as the movie "Dodgeball" comes out that Friday after the first episode premieres, so there's probably going to be a lot of press surrounding the series and the movie. And GSN is happy too, because they got Coca-Cola to sign up as a sponsor, which they have never done before on GSN.

I'll watch at least the first episode, to see how they present it.

Red

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 06:14:22 AM »
Eh, I've been excited to see the first season of the Mole for awhile and they might not show the last episodes? That stinks.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

CaseyAbell

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 04:43:28 PM »
Who knows for sure, but GSN might skip a couple eps along the way, then close out the series with the last two episodes.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 06:06:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Red\' date=\'May 2 2004, 05:14 AM\'] Eh, I've been excited to see the first season of the Mole for awhile and they might not show the last episodes? That stinks. [/quote]
 Hasn't GSN already shown the entire series?  I seem to recall ads last week during MGPM and LINGO saying, "Tonight, the Mole will be revealed."  (Didn't care about it the first time, or this time, but that's just my opinion.)

In other words, where you been?  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

Dodgeball On, Mole Gone?
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 06:10:43 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 3 2004, 05:06 PM\'][quote name=\'Red\' date=\'May 2 2004, 05:14 AM\'] Eh, I've been excited to see the first season of the Mole for awhile and they might not show the last episodes? That stinks. [/quote]
Hasn't GSN already shown the entire series?  I seem to recall ads last week during MGPM and LINGO saying, "Tonight, the Mole will be revealed."  (Didn't care about it the first time, or this time, but that's just my opinion.)[/quote]
That was "*Celebrity* Mole" that they just finished.  They're now starting up the first civilian series.