Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New TPIR Announcer Named  (Read 16643 times)

gameshowhost1

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2004, 11:53:32 AM »
I get turned down by West Virginia Media for a new "High Q," and Randy gets turned down by Freemantle.  It's a West Virginia conspiracy thing eh Randy!?!?
Ernie

Steve Gavazzi

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2004, 12:15:02 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 11:18 AM\'] (btw, is Daniel Rosen really that bad an announcer?) [/quote]
 That would be a resounding "YES."

uncamark

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2004, 02:28:35 PM »
What they said.

Anyway, Randy announced 50 more "TPIR" shows than I ever will.  You're a very lucky man and congratulations for doing your best.

Now go bug Gurin about an announcer's gig on the "Real People" revival.

Robert Hutchinson

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2004, 04:52:26 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 10:18 AM\']So, judging by what you're saying here, you're saying that we'll eventually warm up to Rich just as much as we got used to Rod?
[/quote]
I'm already getting used to him. He seems, IMO, to be getting more in the "spirit of TPIR" this past week, much like I thought Jim Thornton was during his week.
(btw, is Daniel Rosen really that bad an announcer?)

No, he's worse.

And, of course, my strongest wishes for your continued success and happiness, Randy.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ClockGameJohn

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2004, 05:23:56 PM »
CBS Issued a Press Release for Mr. Fields today.  I must say that some of this release is "interesting" - Apparently most people feel the release was as flawed as the decision:

April 8, 2004

RICH FIELDS NAMED NEW ANNOUNCER OF "THE PRICE IS RIGHT," ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Fields' First Official Airdate Will Be Friday, April 23

After an extensive search to find a new announcer, THE PRICE IS RIGHT has named Rich Fields as the show's new announcer and his first airdate will be Friday, April 23. Fields, who was most recently the weatherman at KPSP, CBS-2 in Palm Springs, Calif., is the show's third announcer in its 32-year history on the CBS Television Network. Johnny Olson was with the show from 1972 until his death in 1987, at which time Rod Roddy replaced him. Fields replaces Roddy, who passed away in October of 2003.

"After auditioning and trying out five announcers on the air in recent months, we have selected Ron who seems to fit our show splendidly," said Bob Barker, the show's host and executive producer. "We think he will follow in the tradition of our previous legendary announcers, Johnny Olson and Rod Roddy."

Fields says that his career inspiration came from listening to Johnny Olson while watching game shows during the late 60s and early 70s. Since then, Fields has been associated with the Network for 13 of his 25 years on the air, most notably a 10-year stint with KCBS-FM in Los Angeles. Fields also worked for the CBS/Infinity Radio group in Tampa, Fla. He has won four Addy awards for his work in radio production and commercial voiceover.

THE PRICE IS RIGHT is now in its 32nd year and is television's longest-running game show. It is a Mark Goodson Production, in association with FremantleMedia, North America, Inc. Bob Barker is executive producer, Roger Dobkowitz the producer and Bart Eskander, the director. The series is broadcast weekdays (11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET; 10:00-11:00 AM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 05:26:56 PM by ClockGameJohn »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2004, 05:51:34 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 02:23 PM\'] "After auditioning and trying out five announcers on the air in recent months, we have selected Ron who seems to fit our show splendidly," [/quote]
 "Who's our next player, Ron?"

"Um, that's Rich."

"Whatever. If we cared who you were, we woulda hired Randy."

"Good point. Our next player is...."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

familyfeudfan

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2004, 05:59:03 PM »
sorry randy, it should have been you!

PeterMarshallFan

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2004, 06:03:53 PM »
I emailed Rich Fields last night to congratulate him on getting the job. He was very kind in his reply.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general comment---it's sad when it seems like the guy who was turned down is taking this better than some people whose best connection to the show is watching it. I mean, seriously....

cmjb13

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2004, 06:18:40 PM »
2 questions

Will Rich quit his day job?

What are the odds he'll be shown on camera when it's announced?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2004, 06:27:50 PM »
From tvgameshows.net

The Price Is Right will feature three new prime time spring specials and the series now has a permanent announcer.

An all-teachers' edition of the $1 Million Spectacular editions is included in the newest trilogy.

Rich Fields, who is announcing on the current daytime editions, was named permanently as Bob Barker's sidekick this week. He was introduced to the audience at tapings Monday and Tuesday.

The much-coveted job saw at least seven announcers receive on-air tryouts. Randy West, who had been a huge online favorite as a devotee of the show's original announcer Johnny Olsen, offered a congratulatory message to Fields on his website.

The two other nighttime specials will have themes of encouraging 18-year-olds to vote and celebrating Barker's induction into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame.

The specials will air April 27, May 1 and May 22, all at 8 p.m. (EDT/PDT). Thursday's daytime edition was pre-empted in the East by the Condoleeza Rice testimony. Wednesday's show ended in a double overbid.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jumpondees

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2004, 06:42:30 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 01:31 AM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 10:46 PM\'] Nothing is more important to me right now than to tell everyone who has been supportive of my efforts towards landing the full-time position how much I appreciate the time they took to post, e-mail, IM, call, slap my ass, and generally spread positive vibes into the cosmos. [/quote]
It's all my fault that Randy didn't get the gig !

I was the only one who never slapped his ass !
-Joe R. [/quote]
 I hate to burst the bubble, but I too never got to slap Randy's ass.  Although I would pay top dollar to do so...but enough of my twisted attempt at humor.

I would like to offer my condolences (of sorts) to you, Randy.  I, like many here, thought you would be "The One", but alas it was not to be.  Of the handful of eps of TPIR that I did get to watch with you in them, there was no dobut in my mind that your voice fit right in with everything going on.  And hey, I'm still pretty young, and so are you, and so is everyone else here from what I gather, so I don't doubt another shot at "The Booth" will come your way down the line.

Until then, I look forward to your next project that brings you into my living room once again.  Good luck, and all the best.  :-)

DT

zachhoran

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2004, 07:12:45 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 01:28 PM\']

Now go bug Gurin about an announcer's gig on the "Real People" revival. [/quote]
 Or get a cable network to grab Supermarket Sweep and do new episodes :)

GS Warehouse

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2004, 07:53:24 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 05:23 PM\'] ... Fields also worked for the CBS/Infinity Radio group ... [/quote]
 Somehow I think that may have been why CBS picked Rich, because he's already been on the CBS payroll.  I've heard him on two epsiodes of Flamingo Fortune, so I could say they could have done worse.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2004, 08:01:51 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 04:53 PM\'] Somehow I think that may have been why CBS picked Rich, because he's already been on the CBS payroll.  I've heard him on two epsiodes of Flamingo Fortune, so I could say they could have done worse. [/quote]
 For the umpteenth time, CBS did not pick Rich, Fremantle picked Rich, and his past employment had not a thing to do with it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

New TPIR Announcer Named
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2004, 09:23:32 PM »
Here's an article on Rich's new gig, courtesy of his current employer:

http://kpsp.elemedium.com/www1/eyeondesert...rt&network=kpsp

I'm particularly amused by this line:

He then bounced back to bring you the weather forecast every night - often from the set of "The Price Is Right."

He didn't play "Range Game" with the day's temperature, did he? ;-)