Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC Game Shows  (Read 10324 times)

FeudDude

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2004, 02:27:34 AM »
Scrabble!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
NBC Game Shows
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 02:31:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 11:19 PM\'] Of course--you probably think "Second Chance" reruns would do better than "Match Game" on GSN, too. [/quote]
 Hey, if we can get "At least two of you...are RIGHT" back into the American lexicon, then I'm all for it. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2004, 05:17:39 AM »
Picking just one DOESN"T do justice for me so, I'll put my Top 5 shows here:

5  Classic Concentration(saw very little of the original to give it consideration)

4  Scrabble

3  $ale of the Century

2  Blockbusters

1  Jim Perry's Card Sharks

Now, my 3 Honorable Mentions:

Dream House
Celeberty Sweepstakes
The original Jackpot!

Mike Tennant

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2004, 01:14:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 07:57 PM\']
Just saw a picture of Jan and his wife recently taken at a birthday party for popular 50s crooner Tony Martin. He looked well and happy. Must be still earning a lot of interest from the bucks Barris gave him for his old shows...

Maybe Jan should write his autobiography.....[/quote]
Well, I'd certainly hate to see him try to write Tony Martin's autobiography.  ;-)

The Ol' Guy

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2004, 01:30:15 PM »
..returning your wink,
Tony did that. He and his wife, dancer Cyd Charisse penned a tome called The Two Of Us. Interesting read for someone who likes classic crooners or adult standards music. I didn't want to mention it earlier, but the celebration was for Tony's 90th birthday. Talk about making you feel old...but the two of them look great!

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools I Went To
NBC Game Shows
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2004, 10:48:58 PM »
Go Was Also A Good NBC Game Show; Anyone Remember Go?
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

Steve Gavazzi

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2004, 01:20:12 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 10:48 PM\'] Go Was Also A Good NBC Game Show; Anyone Remember Go? [/quote]
 I remember that it existed.  That's about it.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
NBC Game Shows
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2004, 01:26:03 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Apr 7 2004, 09:48 PM\'] Go Was Also A Good NBC Game Show; Anyone Remember Go? [/quote]
 I don't remember Go.  I remember Stop, though.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JacksonBrowne1980

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2004, 12:10:50 PM »
I can remember watching all the nbc game shows that ared on nbc in philadelphia in the aternoon frm 1983-1989; the game block started at 3pm; does anyone know when KYW aired the game block from?
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

uncamark

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2004, 02:38:19 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 03:22 PM\']
Chain Letter
With Jan Murray?

Word Play was but a ripoff of a G-T show which had been done 20 years prior: Call My Bluff.[/quote]
And at least on "Call My Bluff," the celebs had to come up with their own bluff definitions, not just read off of the cue cards what the writers had written.  Goodson wouldn't have it any other way.

Funny thing--seems to me I heard somewhere that the BBC bought out "Call My Bluff" lock, stock and barrel from G-T and presently owns the format--while Fremantle seems to own the carbon show "WorldPlay," due to it being originally owned by Syd "Stand-Up Comic" Vinnedge.

tommycharles

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2004, 02:46:50 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 01:38 PM\']

Funny thing--seems to me I heard somewhere that the BBC bought out "Call My Bluff" lock, stock and barrel from G-T and presently owns the format--while Fremantle seems to own the carbon show "WorldPlay," due to it being originally owned by Syd "Stand-Up Comic" Vinnedge. [/quote]
 That's bizzare...that probably lessens it's chances of being brought over here (CMB, that is), doesn't it?

It's a shame, that's a great show in the UK, it could probably work over here (something might have to be done about the fact that it's played for bragging rights and nothing else, much like Have I Got News... or They Think it's All Over - has one of those shows EVER worked over here? Maybe Whose Line...).

ObTopic - Weakest Link was a good NBC game.

JacksonBrowne1980

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »
anyone remember password plus? it was a cool show what time did it air in 1982 on NBC? i watched reruns on GSN when i got GSN in 1998
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 03:05:30 PM by JacksonBrowne1980 »
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

uncamark

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2004, 03:06:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 01:46 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 01:38 PM\']

Funny thing--seems to me I heard somewhere that the BBC bought out "Call My Bluff" lock, stock and barrel from G-T and presently owns the format--while Fremantle seems to own the carbon show "WorldPlay," due to it being originally owned by Syd "Stand-Up Comic" Vinnedge. [/quote]
That's bizzare...that probably lessens it's chances of being brought over here (CMB, that is), doesn't it?

It's a shame, that's a great show in the UK, it could probably work over here (something might have to be done about the fact that it's played for bragging rights and nothing else, much like Have I Got News... or They Think it's All Over - has one of those shows EVER worked over here? Maybe Whose Line...).[/quote]
ABC did a pilot of an American "Have I Got News for You!" with then-sitcom star Norm MacDonald in the Angus Deayton chair.  It didn't go anywhere.

As for the other two major entries in the "Have I Got Buzzcocks All Over" genre, the utter failure of VH1's attempt at "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" may've dissuaded Fremantle from even thinking about offering "They Think It's All Over" in the U.S.

(Fremantle owns the "Buzzcocks" and "All Over" formats, Hat Trick owns "HIGNFY"--I don't know if Warner Bros. TV still has the first call on U.S. rights for Hat Trick's shows.)

tommycharles

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2004, 03:53:57 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 02:06 PM\']
ABC did a pilot of an American "Have I Got News for You!" with then-sitcom star Norm MacDonald in the Angus Deayton chair.  It didn't go anywhere.
 [/quote]
 I knew *about* this...never heard if it was any good. Norm is about the only person other than George Gray I could see in Deayton's chair. I think Al Franken would have made a heck of a panelist, though.

Did this ever surface in the trading circuit anywhere? (Not propositioning a trade, just curious to know if anyone's seen it)

familyfeudfan

NBC Game Shows
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2004, 06:05:03 PM »
Password + Plus , Super Password and Twenty One!