Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BBC America Game Show Newsflash  (Read 3669 times)

tommycharles

BBC America Game Show Newsflash
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 04:00:29 PM »
That would be my guess. I'm curious to see the very early shows, as IIRC they did the elimination differently (the players had to actually come to Robinson's podium and be told that they were the Weakest Link.

If there was any UK game show I'd like to see on BBC America it would have to be Countdown. BBCA has done dealings with Channel4 in the past (Graham Norton, Father Ted).

Oh, and "Number One" was pretty good, too. But UK quizzes are always risky because of the regional trivia...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 04:05:46 PM by tommycharles »

DrBear

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2004, 04:21:12 PM »
I would love to see 15 to 1, at least once.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

vtown7

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2004, 06:57:01 AM »
Hey Brig, does that mean any "librarians who read picture books" will appear soon on our screens?

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Brig Bother

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2004, 10:34:13 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Apr 9 2004, 10:57 AM\'] Hey Brig, does that mean any "librarians who read picture books" will appear soon on our screens?

Cheers,

Ryan :) [/quote]
 Oh crikey, I'd never considered that!

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2004, 12:01:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 8 2004, 03:00 PM\']That would be my guess. I'm curious to see the very early shows, as IIRC they did the elimination differently (the players had to actually come to Robinson's podium and be told that they were the Weakest Link.

If there was any UK game show I'd like to see on BBC America it would have to be Countdown. BBCA has done dealings with Channel4 in the past (Graham Norton, Father Ted).[/quote]
And "Without Prejudice?" is a C4 show.

Of course, they would have to deal with Granada America for "Countdown" (does Granada produce "At Home with the Braithwaites," which is on BBCA?).  Perhaps that may have to wait for ITV America (with graphics on the IDs telling us Yanks who these people are preening around this set, except for Simon Cowell).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 12:01:37 PM by uncamark »

gtbecbp

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 04:25:08 PM »
This is great news, but I hope that the Weakest Link is aired in the proper widescreen version and is not cropped.  Some of the screenshots on the page I linked to are in widescreen.  I have been hoping that BBC America would air the U.K. series!!

http://www.ukgameshows.com/atoz/programmes..._link/index.htm

Ben

vtown7

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2004, 09:58:55 AM »
I emailed BBC Canada yesterday - no reply yet though.  If I get something I will post it!

Cheers,

Ryan :)