Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR on Prime (Canada)  (Read 1277 times)

Kniwt

TPIR on Prime (Canada)
« on: April 21, 2004, 10:44:41 PM »
In Canada, the cable/satellite network Prime shows TPIR at 7pm ET/PT weeknights.  I had assumed that this was a same-day rebroadcast of the show that's seen during the day on CH, CBS, and elsewhere, but it turns out I'm wrong.  The show airing on Prime tonight (April 21) aired in the U.S. on March 12, according to the summaries at golden-road.net.

No results, no spoilers, but this might be interesting to some.  It is, as they say, "new to me."

rugrats1

TPIR on Prime (Canada)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 11:34:24 PM »
Prime generally airs Price 6 weeks after the CBS/CH airings, in the same order. Also, when they come to an episode that was pre-empted on CBS 6 weeks earlier, Prime usually runs an older episode in its place -- as early as the 30th season.

One minor quirk, though -- these episodes were taped off of CBS's main broadcast feed, meaning that the Prime logo covers up the CBS logo that would otherwise be there. Also, if a show is BRIEFLY interrupted on CBS for a special report on the original broadcast day, it's included on Prime's showing as well (episodes that were largely interrupted are replaced with a rerun).

trainman

TPIR on Prime (Canada)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 12:17:07 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 07:34 PM\'] One minor quirk, though -- these episodes were taped off of CBS's main broadcast feed, meaning that the Prime logo covers up the CBS logo that would otherwise be there. Also, if a show is BRIEFLY interrupted on CBS for a special report on the original broadcast day, it's included on Prime's showing as well (episodes that were largely interrupted are replaced with a rerun). [/quote]
 Wow, Prime must have gotten an "el cheapo" deal on the rights.
trainman is a man of trains

Argo

TPIR on Prime (Canada)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 12:15:23 PM »
For many years until the late mid to late 90s, a local station NTV in Newfoundland, would show TPIR at 6pm. However, everytime i would stay home and try to catch the CBS showing at 12:30 (11am est), it would be the same episode that was on the night before on the local station. I found that rather odd how our local station woudl get the eppy before the CBS affiliate would show it.