Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Second Edition from Endless Games  (Read 4690 times)

Matt Ottinger

TPIR Second Edition from Endless Games
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2004, 06:46:58 PM »
Travis was recently approved for membership, so we might be getting his comments on all this before too long.

Having said that, take a look at this link which shows his homemade version in much greater detail.  I still say that a lot of this will be impractical for Endless to duplicate in a mass-market sort of way, but I do give Travis a lot of credit for the amount of effort he's put into his...uh...effort.

http://www.geocities.com/travxavier/homegame.html
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2004, 07:11:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 06:46 PM\'] Travis was recently approved for membership, so we might be getting his comments on all this before too long.

Having said that, take a look at this link which shows his homemade version in much greater detail.  I still say that a lot of this will be impractical for Endless to duplicate in a mass-market sort of way, but I do give Travis a lot of credit for the amount of effort he's put into his...uh...effort.

http://www.geocities.com/travxavier/homegame.html [/quote]
 The site has been disquotafied.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2004, 07:18:36 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 08:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 06:46 PM\'] Travis was recently approved for membership, so we might be getting his comments on all this before too long.

Having said that, take a look at this link which shows his homemade version in much greater detail.  I still say that a lot of this will be impractical for Endless to duplicate in a mass-market sort of way, but I do give Travis a lot of credit for the amount of effort he's put into his...uh...effort.

http://www.geocities.com/travxavier/homegame.html [/quote]
The site has been disquotafied. [/quote]
 Man, chalk another one up to the power of this forum (and of course the miserably tiny allowances of GeoCities), because the page isn't even linked from his own homepage!

Anyway, keep an eye on it.  Interesting stuff.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2004, 09:55:51 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 07:48 PM\']
Thankfully, I can say that both G-R.net and Invision are free of it. (Not to say that we both don't have our own share of stupidity at times!) :-P

Even Daniel Rosen on one crazy night came in for a troll. I'm dead serious. [/quote]
 You know, we don't actually know that that was Rosen (or at least, we don't as far as I know).  It was just some goof who created around 12 different accounts and made about fifty posts with that praising Rosen and vaguely insulting Randy.  Really, the most amazing part of it was that he was able to make it look like the various accounts were having intelligent conversations with each other (or as intelligent as you can get when you're being an idiot, anyway).

Mike Tennant

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004, 01:52:47 PM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Mar 25 2004, 10:49 PM\']It's listed on the "New Stuff" page...wonder when it will be in stores?[/quote]
A press release on the Endless website from last October says it will be "available nationwide in August, 2004."  That, of course, may change, but it seems about right; it gets the game in stores for the Christmas shopping season.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004, 02:00:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 11:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Mar 25 2004, 10:49 PM\']It's listed on the "New Stuff" page...wonder when it will be in stores?[/quote]
A press release on the Endless website from last October says it will be "available nationwide in August, 2004."  That, of course, may change, but it seems about right; it gets the game in stores for the Christmas shopping season. [/quote]
 It also says it will include 10 games and not 35. In fact, the descriptions of the rest of it pretty much mirror the remake of the 1987 version they already butchered.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 05:57:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 10:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 27 2004, 07:48 PM\']
Thankfully, I can say that both G-R.net and Invision are free of it. (Not to say that we both don't have our own share of stupidity at times!) :-P

Even Daniel Rosen on one crazy night came in for a troll. I'm dead serious. [/quote]
You know, we don't actually know that that was Rosen (or at least, we don't as far as I know).  It was just some goof who created around 12 different accounts and made about fifty posts with that praising Rosen and vaguely insulting Randy.  Really, the most amazing part of it was that he was able to make it look like the various accounts were having intelligent conversations with each other (or as intelligent as you can get when you're being an idiot, anyway). [/quote]
 What made me think it was actually Rosen himself was something pointed out on golden-road---all 12 aliases made the same grammatical errors as Rosen did in an email reply to another member.

Of course, could've just been an ATGS reject stirring up trouble, too...

zachhoran

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004, 07:00:38 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 29 2004, 05:57 PM\']
Of course, could've just been an ATGS reject stirring up trouble, too... [/quote]
 I didn't do it, man :)