Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Q2 2024  (Read 12281 times)

Nick

Re: Buzzr Q2 2024
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2024, 11:50:50 AM »
Has nothing to do with GT. He took the Sony gamble and lost. That's my final answer

And does Sony have a reason besides, "It's mine, and you can't share it because I said so!" for why they don't like when fans of old game shows they now own upload episodes to streaming sites?

Because if they're not attempting to monetize on them with reruns on GSN or elsewhere, where do they lose by fans uploading episodes of their shows to YouTube, upon which they can monetize?

I'm just not seeing where Sony doesn't get it with this while Fremantle does.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2024, 12:14:29 PM »
Has nothing to do with GT. He took the Sony gamble and lost. That's my final answer

And does Sony have a reason besides, "It's mine, and you can't share it because I said so!" for why they don't like when fans of old game shows they now own upload episodes to streaming sites?
They don't need any other reason than that. 
Because if they're not attempting to monetize on them with reruns on GSN or elsewhere, where do they lose by fans uploading episodes of their shows to YouTube, upon which they can monetize?
I'm no intellectual property lawyer...though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time in 2003.  With that said, I'd imagine that a lawsuit for copyright infringement would be harder to prove if it could be successfully proven they disregarded other violators. 
I'm just not seeing where Sony doesn't get it with this while Fremantle does.
By "get it", you mean allowing others to commit digital piracy for your own selfish reasons.

When you complain that others come across as "condescending" in response to your posts, perhaps you should put a little stock into what you post.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Nick

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2024, 12:29:37 PM »
They don't need any other reason than that.

I did not say that they did but only asked if they did have another reason.

By "get it", you mean allowing others to commit digital piracy for your own selfish reasons.

You're wrong.  By "get it", I mean realizing there's money to be made with the fans sharing your content through streaming.

When you complain that others come across as "condescending" in response to your posts, perhaps you should put a little stock into what you post.

Perhaps you should as well, as you're way too quick to use invective with people around here.  I asked a legitimate question, and your insulting me is out of line.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

SuperMatch93

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2024, 02:30:46 PM »
I would understand were they Body Language and Double Dare or Treasure Hunt and The $20,000 Pyramid but honestly, that's a little excessive and over the top. Brandon is right. Ever since Fremantle started monetizing videos I imagine they've shown more leeway but I do know one channel got absolutely potatoed this week.

If you're referring to The Game Show Channel, it's my understanding that uploading UK Millionaire was the straw that broke the camel's back.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Ian Wallis

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2024, 03:23:41 PM »
Recently, Buzzr had been quietly airing "new" episodes of Press Your Luck on the weekends, which I had been enjoying. I didn't have GSN during its run there, so I haven't seen these later episodes since the USA Network days. I like seeing them intact and crystal clear, and I have no real interest in scouring YouTube for the VHS transfers and GSN'ed videos that have been uploaded.

I'm a little bummed that the show is taking a break, but this isn't the first time Buzzr has taken Press Your Luck off the schedule entirely, and I hope it'll be back soon enough.

I agree with that.  Brandon's right that there's enough of the show out there, but the final couple of months of the show have either never been repeated, or were shown just once on USA back in the early '90s.  It would be good to finally see them to close out the original series.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tyshaun1

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2024, 09:30:48 AM »
Welp, now it seems Buzzr is using the noon-3pm block as a rotisserie of sorts, because Now You See It, Beat The Clock, and Super Password, respectively, inherit those time slots the following week.

rwalker

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2024, 03:46:06 PM »
Welp, now it seems Buzzr is using the noon-3pm block as a rotisserie of sorts, because Now You See It, Beat The Clock, and Super Password, respectively, inherit those time slots the following week.

I think they wanna do a shake up, but wanna throw spaghetti at the wall doing it. Mg90 was on at 7pm a few weeks ago, so there's signs they might do a overhaul

chrisholland03

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2024, 07:20:17 AM »
I'm 100% not complaining about anything that is going on right now.  I like a good rotisserie.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2024, 10:01:06 AM »
I'm 100% not complaining about anything that is going on right now.  I like a good rotisserie.

Yeah, but if it's from fear to commit to a schedule, it's rotisserie chicken.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

aaron sica

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2024, 10:51:52 AM »

I'm calling fowl on that one.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2024, 11:28:01 AM »

Weird that they're starting NYSI with a seemingly random January 1975 week, then going back to the beginning on Thursday.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2024, 11:35:41 AM »

I'm calling fowl on that one.

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TimK2003

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2024, 04:52:05 PM »

But the people at Buzzr knew the job was dangerous when they took it...

Mr. Matté

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2024, 10:38:12 PM »

As long as they're not scheduling rotisseries over and over:

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2024, 09:17:08 AM »
The block starting at noon is the celebration of National Game Show Day all month, no? I'd expect that block to change through the end of June.
I have a hunch we'll see Concentration pop back up too.