Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: H2 preempted in Cincinnati tonight...  (Read 3382 times)

brianhenke

H2 preempted in Cincinnati tonight...
« on: March 08, 2004, 07:36:48 PM »
WLWT is pre-empting H2 tonight (is it one of the few remaining stations carrying it in access?) in favor of a Cincinnati House and Home Show.

Now that will attract a different audience...

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 07:42:49 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 07:36 PM\'] WLWT is pre-empting H2 tonight (is it one of the few remaining stations carrying it in access?) in favor of a Cincinnati House and Home Show.

[/quote]
 Well, Brian, we know a home and house show is more important than a game show :) And KYW Phila. and KDKA Pittsburgh, besides the Cincy station, still air Squares in prime access.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 07:46:59 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 07:36 PM\'] WLWT is pre-empting H2 tonight (is it one of the few remaining stations carrying it in access?) in favor of a Cincinnati House and Home Show.

[/quote]
 I hate to be a jerk, but you obviously don't get this isn't a board filled with people from Cincinatti.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

CJBojangles

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 08:13:13 PM »
I hate to be a jerk, but you obviously don't get this isn't a board filled with people from Cincinatti.

Nevertheless, for the people that do hail from Cincinnati, I do agree it was rather rediculous for a House and Home show to replace H² this evening.. It would be nice to be able to see the show as it begins to wind down its last season.

Plus, the Monday show is always most exciting for me because you get to see what surprises they have in store for the whole week instead of tuning in the middle of the week and feeling like you've missed something.

Michael Brandenburg

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 10:50:24 PM »

Dsmith is right regarding the above post of his.  I used to be a correspondent for The Worldwide News (the official newspaper of the Worldwide Church of God, back when I was a baptized member of that organization) and one of the reminders they sent me at one time was that "You are writing for a worldwide audience.  Don't assume everyone is familiar with your local area.)

Of course, now I write for The World Wide Web -- but I suppose the same general idea applies!

Michael Brandenburg
(Including checking spellings -- it's two "Ns" and one "T" in "Cincinnati!"

GSWitch

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 07:31:56 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 06:36 PM\'] WLWT is pre-empting H2 tonight (is it one of the few remaining stations carrying it in access?) in favor of a Cincinnati House and Home Show.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions! [/quote]
 Now you know how I feel when KHOU rains out its game shows, including the last $1,000,000 Spectacular.

If you want to know what happen yesterday on H2, go to...

http://www.tvgameshows.net

Scroll down near the bottom & you'll find the results of what happened.

Hey, I'm not such a bad guy after all.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 09:48:09 AM »
Didn't Avco have some locally produced game shows in Cinci back in the day?  I saw an ad in Broadcasting for "On the Money" with Bob Braun in the mid-70's; did that ever air locally? "Think locally, act globally."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 11:17:02 AM »
It's been almost fifteen years since I lived in my old home town...but yep, Bob Braun did host a game show on WCPO in Cincinnati (hm, sounds like a sitcom):

http://www.cincypost.com/living/braun011601.html

I very vaguely remember the game show on WLW that you mentioned, but my memory's hazing over in my old age. Let's just say I was never a big Bob fan, though by all accounts he was a very nice guy.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:23:14 AM by CaseyAbell »

brianhenke

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 05:49:51 AM »
"On the Money" was on WLWT, not WCPO.

Brian

In 1842 Columbus sailed the Ocean blue?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILLL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

uncamark

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 12 2004, 05:49 AM\'] "On the Money" was on WLWT, not WCPO.
 [/quote]
 As it was Braun's station.  Ronnie Greenberg produced the show.  I recall hearing a radio spot on WLW radio for the show when I'd pick up the station in Chicago, with the line "Are they too high?  Are they too low?  Or are they On the Money!"

I remember seeing an ad in an old issue of Broadcasting from Avco Program Sales touting "On the Money" as a "Yelling, Screaming, Jumping Up and Down Greed Game Show."  (I'm not kidding.)  However, it seems to me that the only stations it aired on were the Avco stations in Cincy, Columbus, Dayton and Indy where Braun's regular show aired (maybe on WOAI-TV in San Antonio, which was also owned by Avco).  I don't think Avco got anyone else to bite.

Thad Dixon

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 11:25:01 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Mar 9 2004, 07:31 AM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 06:36 PM\'] WLWT is pre-empting H2 tonight (is it one of the few remaining stations carrying it in access?) in favor of a Cincinnati House and Home Show.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions! [/quote]
Now you know how I feel when KHOU rains out its game shows, including the last $1,000,000 Spectacular.[/quote]
And this coming Thursday and Friday (3/18 & 3/19), viewers in Hampton Roads are going to share that feeling, when WTKR will be forced to pre-empt H2 (normally seen at 4pm local time here) in order to show CBS' coverage of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

As Brian said about the House and Home show in his area, "Now that will attract a different audience..."