Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marc Summers' one-man show, "The Life and Slimes of Marc Summers"  (Read 8881 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Marc Summers' one-man show, "The Life and Slimes of Marc Summers"
« on: September 17, 2023, 01:36:08 AM »
Several members of this board mentioned to me that they saw a one-man show about the life and career of Marc Summers in PA in the last 6 weeks to 2 months.  The show is now in Buffalo, and I took a trip there tonight to see it.  The theater was a very intimate setting, seating no more than 100 people.  There wasn't a bad seat in the house.

Marc talks about his career, specifically the struggles he had, Double Dare, the recent reboot, and Unwrapped.  It also focused on his life's struggles--his well-known battles with OCD, the car wreck from a number of years ago, and his battle with cancer which forced him to lose about 18 inches of his small intestine.

I laughed, I got emotional, I got hit with some errant slime.  It was a good evening.

The show only runs two more weekends, ending on September 30.  It was worth the trip, whether you're in that neck of the woods or if you're like me and drove 3 hours each way.  Details at https://www.alleyway.com/show/slimes

Pro-tip:  If you go, splurge for the "slime zone" VIP seats in the front row.  It was worth the extra money.

DoItRockapella

Re: Marc Summers' one-man show, "The Life and Slimes of Marc Summers"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 06:26:40 PM »
If we're talking about Marc Summers, he also now has a podcast, "Marc Summers Unwraps", which has interviewed several game show-related figures. "Marc Summers interviews JD Roth" is not a phrase I ever expected to type, but it happened and was very entertaining.

https://www.marcsummersunwraps.com

The podcast hasn't had a new episode since July, though Marc claimed on Instagram that this is merely a hiatus to allow him to work on the one-man show.

I'm not going to Buffalo for it, but if this one-man show comes somewhere near me I'll go. I saw Double Dare Live twice in 2019 and had a good time both times.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 11:47:28 PM »
Several members of this board mentioned to me that they saw a one-man show about the life and career of Marc Summers in PA in the last 6 weeks to 2 months.

I wish I had known about this being in Mount Gretna - not far from me at all. It sounds like it was worth the trip from your review.

Aaron Sica - did you make it?

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 03:29:04 AM »
I also saw the show in PA with Chris Jaunsen. It was an experience to see Marc go through the routines he did as a result of OCD and the guy that played the role of his inner voice, along with several other roles, was very effective. To see some physical challenges done live with a flashy set was also very cool.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 07:37:22 AM »
Aaron Sica - did you make it?

I didn't - I was actually on the other side of the country at Game Show Boot Camp. Had I been home, I would have loved to go!

Darnits

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 01:49:47 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I'm right outside of Buffalo and had no idea this was being done here.  I'll definitely have to check it out.

Darnits

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 10:36:10 AM »
Went to the show last week and it was definitely worth it to sit in the "VIP" front row.  The show was rather engaging. We were there for me, but my wife really enjoyed it as well. Marc hung around after the show for pictures and chatted with everyone who came up to him.

nowhammies10

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 10:50:51 AM »
I also went and saw it last week before it closed with a fellow boardie who's seen the show a couple times prior. I was picked out of the audience to go up and play the mini-Double Dare game during the relevant portion of the show. Ended up with a faceful of whipped cream, a coupon for a free shot with drink purchase at an area bar, and the official title (per the envelope Marc handed to me with the prize inside) of Double Dare Loser #1.

10/10 would recommend wherever the show ends up next.