Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marc Summers had secret cancer battle..  (Read 3479 times)

weaklink75

Marc Summers had secret cancer battle..
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »
He'd been fighting leukemia for five years- got the news he's in remission in December...

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/marc-summers-reveals-secret-five-year-battle-with-leukemia-2015102

\didn't know he's been married for 41 years...

DoItRockapella

Re: Marc Summers had secret cancer battle..
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
Wow. OCD, massive car accident, cancer...poor guy. Here's to a speedy recovery Mr. Summers.

I'd love to see him get a high - profile hosting job, but I don't think it will ever happen. He's not a comedian and he's always going to be typecast as "Double Dare guy".

SamJ93

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »
I'd love to see him get a high - profile hosting job, but I don't think it will ever happen. He's not a comedian and he's always going to be typecast as "Double Dare guy".

According to an interview with Roger Dobkowitz a few years back, he and Bob really wanted to audition him for TPiR in 2007...but for whatever reason, CBS wouldn't allow them.  Shame...
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:10 AM »
...Wow. All the best, Marc.

According to an interview with Roger Dobkowitz a few years back, he and Bob really wanted to audition him for TPiR in 2007...but for whatever reason, CBS wouldn't allow them.
I think it's got some relation to his being replaced for Combination Lock by Ty Treadway. When John Ricci uploaded clips of Marc hosting the show, I asked him why Marc got replaced, and he said it was a long story.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:38:19 AM »
Maybe I'm confusing this with something else, but I thought Price and Marc's schedules just never meshed in a way that allowed an audition to happen.