Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick question regaring IGAS, 1961...  (Read 360 times)

TwoInchQuad

Quick question regaring IGAS, 1961...
« on: May 06, 2024, 11:48:41 PM »
Have either of the Florida Shows from March of 1961 ever been aired (GSN or BUZZR)...?

- Kevin

Eric Paddon

Re: Quick question regaring IGAS, 1961...
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:34:51 AM »
Apparently not.

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:17:02 AM »
I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure...  odd that **both** of them are apparently missing from the archive.

- Kevin

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:54:24 AM »
odd that **both** of them are apparently missing from the archive

Probably not a coincidence.  When you look at the couple dozen that appear to be genuinely missing from the archive, a number of them are notable for one reason or another.  The only Bob Hope appearance, the election special with three huge guest stars, the transitional episode from Garry to Steve, and these two, for example.  My impression is that back when these films were gathering dust on the G-T shelves, important people who had access may not have seen a big problem with just helping themselves to them.  (It's interesting, for example, that the election special is missing, and it's the one episode that Gil Fates goes into complete detail about in his WML book.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:00:11 PM »
odd that **both** of them are apparently missing from the archive

Probably not a coincidence.  When you look at the couple dozen that appear to be genuinely missing from the archive, a number of them are notable for one reason or another.  The only Bob Hope appearance, the election special with three huge guest stars, the transitional episode from Garry to Steve, and these two, for example.  My impression is that back when these films were gathering dust on the G-T shelves, important people who had access may not have seen a big problem with just helping themselves to them.  (It's interesting, for example, that the election special is missing, and it's the one episode that Gil Fates goes into complete detail about in his WML book.)

True enough...

Having said that, though, I have some material concerning these two programs that might make a worthwhile addition to an IGAS website... if someone were curating such a thing, mind you...

- Kevin