Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Regis or Meredith?  (Read 7087 times)

gsgalaxy82

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
I like Meredith, I guess only because she's not as repetitive as Regis.

David

PeterMarshallFan

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 10:10 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 06:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 10:02 AM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 01:58 AM\'] Dick Clark [/quote]
"For $10 million, here's your first question.....GO!" [/quote]
Didn't he turn down the Syndie host gig? [/quote]
Okay. Now I'm CONVINCED you're a troll. [/quote]
 Considering that I asked him last year over the FlashGames board to help me pull a new joke on Steve (that GSN would air the infamous Big Showdown episode) and even specifically stated the Clark/WWtbaM hoax as an example of what I meant, I'd have to agree.....

ObGameShow: I liked Big Showdown.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2004, 05:24:43 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 03:03 PM\'] Considering that I asked him last year over the FlashGames board to help me pull a new joke on Steve (that GSN would air the infamous Big Showdown episode) and even specifically stated the Clark/WWtbaM hoax as an example of what I meant, I'd have to agree.....
 [/quote]
 Ah. Good to know.

He's a troll. He shall be treated appropriately.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gameshowguy2000

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2004, 07:39:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 04:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 03:03 PM\'] Considering that I asked him last year over the FlashGames board to help me pull a new joke on Steve (that GSN would air the infamous Big Showdown episode) and even specifically stated the Clark/WWtbaM hoax as an example of what I meant, I'd have to agree.....
 [/quote]
Ah. Good to know.

He's a troll. He shall be treated appropriately. [/quote]
 And actually, that plan failed, on the FG board. Didn't get a chance.

And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES!

dzinkin

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2004, 07:45:01 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 07:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
 That's correct.  Troll posts only pretend to be clueless.

PeterMarshallFan

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2004, 08:02:55 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 07:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
That's correct.  Troll posts only pretend to be clueless. [/quote]
 Then what do we classify THIS case as?

Seriously, he wasn't this bad when I used to post at the FlashGames board in the past. He did say strange things, among them begging for podium microphones on the next PYL revival and making very strange remarks about wanting to be asked "is that your final answer?" by Barbara Walters (and you may interpret THAT as you wish.. :-P) but he wasn't this bad.

As for the joke on SB, it was a failed thing I concocted one day. I typed up a phony press release saying that GSN was going to air a documentary about the 'falldown' episode of The Big Showdown, sent it to gameshowguy2000, and asked him to somehow get it to TVbarn (and I have since learned how that would not work) I decided the next day that it wasn't worth it and used it on the GSN boards instead.

dzinkin

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2004, 08:25:04 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 07:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
Then what do we classify THIS case as? [/quote]
 If he's not pretending to be clueless, then... well, you do the math.

PeterMarshallFan

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2004, 08:47:43 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 09:25 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:02 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 07:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
Then what do we classify THIS case as? [/quote]
If he's not pretending to be clueless, then... well, you do the math. [/quote]
 I see your point....

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2004, 09:42:25 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 05:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
So, what, you ARE genuinely every bit the idiot that you've been acting like from Day One?

I think I'd rather be a troll.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 09:45:04 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tyshaun1

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2004, 10:38:48 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 09:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 05:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
So, what, you ARE genuinely every bit the idiot that you've been acting like from Day One?

I think I'd rather be a troll. [/quote]
 Finally, someone comes out and says what has been on EVERYONE'S mind (And I mean virtually everyone).

Thank the heavens for Chris Lemon..........

But to try to bring the post back on track, Meredith is solid, albeit very dry on the show; however that may be because she does this show and The View 5 days a week. Regis I feel better fits the show, although later in the original run, he began to seem blase about the whole thing. Regis was great on SM, though. Regis for me.

Tyshaun

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2004, 01:09:39 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 07:39 PM\'] And anyone who thinks I'm a troll is dead WRONG. W-R-O-N-G. (All 5 letters light up in orange) Chuck: YES! [/quote]
However, you are a Moron. M-O-R-O-N.

Regarding the original question; I enjoy Meridith more; simply because she doesn't have a red hot poker when she talks with the contestants.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 01:17:52 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brandon Brooks

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »
 Ha.

Anyway, I like Viera more.  Why?  Because she's more attractive than Regis.  I'm very superficial.

Brandon Brooks

gameshowhost1

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2004, 11:45:34 AM »
Put me in the Regis category.  I've been a fan of his since his days with Joey Bishop.  Watching Super Millionaire made me realize just how he makes that HIS show.  Meredith doesn't have enough enthusiasm for me.
Ernie

TravisP

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2004, 05:08:35 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 12:53 AM\'] I vote for Chris Tarrant !
-Joe R. [/quote]
 Hear hear!

While Eddie McGuire does a good job also.

But going back to the topic I would lean towards Reege more than Meredith since he is more fun to watch but the only moan that he ruined the format towards the end of the long-term with the use of not using suspense for each question and speed through the questions without teasing. While Meredith is okay and does a fine job with the suspense with the final answers and calms the contestant, she often gets too flustered and excited now and again.

Saying that I haven't seen a longer enough run of Syndicated episodes only about 4/5 so far while I have seen both original series, a few Celeb Specials and general episodes with Regis and will see Super Millionaire in the next week or so.

I still would like to see the Final Answer revealing to be streched across commercial breaks alot more, let the contestant sweat it out Chris and Eddie has done this for years and still at their teasing now.

Card Shark

Regis or Meredith?
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2004, 09:45:01 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 08:42 PM\'] I'm a diehard Regis fan myself. I never liked Meredith because she comes off as bland and stiff compared to Regis, IMO. [/quote]
 From the few times I have actually been home to watch the syndicated Millionaire, I must say my vote goes to Regis. As has been discussed on the various other forms of the board, I ever never seen a game show host less enthusiastic about someone winning money than her. When Regis tells a contestant they've won $x, he raises his voice and lights up. Not at all the case with Meredith.
Adam Strom