Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 102461 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2023, 09:36:08 PM »
There is a music cue I've been trying to figure out the name for a long time.  It was only played on Wheel for Season 1 and 1983-1984 in daytime.  The music can be found at 6:15 on Season 1, Episode 3 on Pluto.  I'm not sure why they got rid of it.  I kind of like it.
It sounds like a slow orchestral version of one of the themes from The Merv Griffin Show.
If it's the cue I'm thinking of, it is indeed a Merv Griffin Show cue. It was also a car cue in the first couple seasons, and I'd love for Merv to have used those car cues as themes for other pilots instead of Buzzword or the theme to Strike a Match (Struttin on Sunset, I wanna say)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

nowhammies10

« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2023, 09:03:49 AM »
You're right re: Strike A Match. The pilot pitched up Struttin' on Sunset by a half step, probably as a result of speeding it up slightly as well so it's more exciting and less "sedate" than the version used on Wheel.

bwood

« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2023, 08:49:03 PM »
The Live WoF Pluto Channel is showing classic Shopping Episodes as part of the regular programming rotation tonight until 11pm.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2023, 09:26:59 PM »
I ducked out momentarily—what was the open roadster that was played for in the bonus puzzle?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2023, 09:33:19 PM »
Zimmer Golden Spirit? I didn’t see the episode tonight but I remember seeing a contestant win one in a GSN rerun many years ago.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2023, 09:35:41 PM »
This was a fairly compact auto, nowhere near as long as those, but $20,500 was rather a lot of car in the mid 80s.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2023, 11:47:03 PM »

Casey Buck

« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2023, 08:53:36 PM »
TPiR Barker Era and Game Show Central are now part of Google TV's built-in live channel section:

https://www.androidpolice.com/google-tv-27-new-live-channels/

vtown7

« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2023, 07:40:51 AM »
The Canadian Roku store now offers CBC Gem - so please watch Family Feud Canada to your heart's content so a certain board poster has a job that continues into season six :)

R.

bwood

« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2023, 10:27:03 PM »
According to a Press Release, The "More" TV Game Shows Channel is now coming in September, and there was this blurb about the existing Pluto TV Game Shows Channel:

"NEW on Pluto TV Game Shows: Pluto TV Game Shows has an all new lineup! Tune in for shows like 25 Words or Less, Pictionary and more, all day, every day."!+

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2023, 11:41:24 PM »
According to a Press Release, The "More" TV Game Shows Channel is now coming in September, and there was this blurb about the existing Pluto TV Game Shows Channel:

"NEW on Pluto TV Game Shows: Pluto TV Game Shows has an all new lineup! Tune in for shows like 25 Words or Less, Pictionary and more, all day, every day."!+
Well now, it looks to me that Pluto had an open sale to GameTV as they're also adding Pictionary to the schedule the week of 9/11 along with TPIR and Bergeron HS ;D

bwood

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2023, 06:11:23 PM »
"MORE TV Game Shows" on Pluto TV is now live.

Currently airing Leno YBYL followed by Supermarket Sweep (used to air on regular Game Shows Channel).

The original Pluto TV Game Shows has also made the schedule transition and is showing 25WOL and Pictionary as the Press Release mentioned.

gamed121683

« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2023, 06:34:39 PM »
"MORE TV Game Shows" on Pluto TV is now live.

Currently airing Leno YBYL followed by Supermarket Sweep (used to air on regular Game Shows Channel).

The original Pluto TV Game Shows has also made the schedule transition and is showing 25WOL and Pictionary as the Press Release mentioned.

In other words, the "MORE TV Game Shows" channel is now the Supermarket Sweep Network while the original has become Dino Bones Productions, Inc. TV. Gotcha.

Sodboy13

« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2023, 11:32:10 PM »
Something has gotten knocked a bit off-kilter on the Barker TPIR. Episodes start pretty reliably at :03 past the hour, but I've flipped the channel on at :28 past tonight to see Bob remarking that they're trying to get 5 winners out of 6 as they go into the last game on today's show.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

chargeradiocom

« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2023, 01:22:09 PM »
Something has gotten knocked a bit off-kilter on the Barker TPIR. Episodes start pretty reliably at :03 past the hour, but I've flipped the channel on at :28 past tonight to see Bob remarking that they're trying to get 5 winners out of 6 as they go into the last game on today's show.
Which streaming service? There are two different Barker TPIR feeds: The one that runs on Pluto & Redbox starts the shows around the top of the hour*. The one on Roku Channel, Freevee, Plex & most other services runs shorter ad breaks and starts/stops at more random times.

*That being said, they could have changed out the Pluto/Redbox feed or adjusted its schedule since I last watched.