The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPIR vs Other Game Show Set Changes?

<< < (3/3)

RyanCDN:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on January 23, 2021, 02:43:55 AM ---Ooh, I didn't know the Pluto channel was posting high-video-quality clips.

As Any Number comes around on the turntable , you can see that the right side of the carpet is obscuring most of the wall's green border while the left side is not (and it looks like there's kind of a lump at the end). This supports my theory that that's how they were hiding the cables in 1982.

--- End quote ---

Great clear clip.  As the turn table is in motion, if you look to the lower left near the white border surrounding the lights behind the turntable you can also see what appears to be the cable being fed through as it is in motion.

tomcat:
I don't have any inside knowledge to how the turntable operated, but is that really a cable, or a belt that a stagehand would use to rotate the turntable with a pulley?

MSTieScott:
That is the cable for the Any Number board in that clip (the turntable itself is motorized). Just below the floor of the turntable are metal poles bent into a sort of open trough shape. As the turntable spins, the game cable is fed into that holding area so nothing gets tangled up.

I don't know whether enough is showing, but 's an episode in which you can see the stagehand's hands feeding the cable.

tomcat:
Thanks much for the correction, Scott!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version