The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Buzzr changes, effective 1/11/21

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bryce L.:
Dumb question, but why not sidestep the problem of "unairable" content by uploading the affected episodes (unedited/unblurred/etc.) to their YouTube channel? They've done it before (the Jim Hess episode of PYL, for one).

PPatters:

--- Quote from: Bryce L. on December 19, 2020, 07:25:30 PM ---Dumb question, but why not sidestep the problem of "unairable" content by uploading the affected episodes (unedited/unblurred/etc.) to their YouTube channel? They've done it before (the Jim Hess episode of PYL, for one).

--- End quote ---

Because, I think, they likely don’t want to be associated with the content at all — whether on their YouTube or on the channel. The “M”-word isn’t bleeped on network tv by default; they likely aren’t trying to appease super strict advertisers; it’s likely the content itself, not the method by which they share it, that they’re trying to avoid having their brand on.

JMFabiano:

--- Quote from: SRIV94 on December 19, 2020, 06:31:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: JMFabiano on December 19, 2020, 02:20:40 PM ---I know, two different shows, but didn't stop MG/HS episodes with the latter word being muted out. 

--- End quote ---
Muting is one thing.  Surgery is something else (not only do they have to mute the word [up to several times depending on how long it took to solve the puzzle], but blur it too).  :)

--- End quote ---

So the Sicilian moment on PW+ turned up to 11.

Allstar87:

--- Quote from: Bryce L. on December 19, 2020, 07:25:30 PM ---Dumb question, but why not sidestep the problem of "unairable" content by uploading the affected episodes (unedited/unblurred/etc.) to their YouTube channel? They've done it before (the Jim Hess episode of PYL, for one).

--- End quote ---

Honestly, I think this is the best way to go about things. Just add a disclaimer noting it's a product of its' time, like the disclaimer on the WB cartoon sets. That way the people who truly want to see it can see it, while the casual Buzzr-watching public don't have to. Everybody wins.

ChrisLambert!:
And exactly how many people “truly want to see” one particular episode of  Body Language? It’s not worth the effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version