Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Singapore game shows  (Read 2092 times)

ChuckNet

Singapore game shows
« on: February 16, 2004, 10:29:14 PM »
How many English-language Singapore game shows are there right now? I know they've got versions of WL and WoF...any others? Also, anyone out there w/any Singapore GS eps in their collection?

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")

J.R.

Singapore game shows
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 01:17:46 AM »
I know for a while they had "Who Wants to be a Millionaire ?" in English, hosted by someone known as "The Flying Dutchman" (AKA: Max Von Cluyberg). A well-known Radio DJ in Singapore. (And even had a low-tier question about it and the contestant had to use a lifeline as she never listened to his show, "breaking" FD's heart)

This version is infamous for having players stop with just $300 and $500 (Same prize tree as our classic/current syndie version)

Here is a (no-longer updatd in years) fanpage to the show:
http://www.powow.com/wwtbam/

I was a frequent vistor to the site and the guy who ran it even put a (positive) comment I said about the show in big letters on the top !
-Joe R.
(Keep in mind I was around 15 the last time I posted there, so my messages might be horribly written. I was in a phase Where I Would Capitalize Every Single Word I Would Write. I thank Mitch Groff for helping me break this habit.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 01:18:15 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

tommycharles

Singapore game shows
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 12:55:37 PM »
I might be way off here, but I'm fairly sure Singapore had an English language Pyramid recently (didn't it have a really blatent sponsorship by McDonalds or something?).