The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Rarest episodes from non-erased series

<< < (2/9) > >>

SuperMatch93:
GSN only re-ran one episode from 1978-79 season of Price, and there's only a few clips and maybe one other episode on YouTube.

knagl:
Up until Buzzr put them in the regular rotation, the Michael Larson episodes of PYL would have qualified for this thread. Not so much anymore though.

Eric Paddon:
Tattletales, 1977-78 CBS.      Very little has ever been run from the last two years of Tattletales initial daytime run.

$20,000 Pyramid, 1979-80 ABC.    GSN in the Dark Period showed us most of June to November 1978.    There is still most of the last year and a half that has not gotten a regular airing.   A few select episodes from 79 aired on "Pyramid Thursdays" (but never any from 1980 after the set change) and we had the full week of the"Junior Pyramid" overdone many times during the DP I think because GSN programmers were confused and didn't realize it was just one week of shows at the time!

Also we only got the first 24 episodes of "Pass The Buck" but not the rest of the run during the DP and just the first-third of BTB-76 when it had its mere once a week airings.    "Chain Reaction" only got up to its half-way point during the DP.     "Go" managed to get through the entire cycle though four episodes at least were skipped.

SuperMatch93:
Do we know how much of $20,000 Pyramid still exists? I'm tempted to believe that if mid-'78 exists then the rest of that run probably does, but I wonder how early on they would have stopped wiping.

Chelsea Thrasher:

--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on September 03, 2020, 04:53:13 AM ---Do we know how much of $20,000 Pyramid still exists? I'm tempted to believe that if mid-'78 exists then the rest of that run probably does, but I wonder how early on they would have stopped wiping.

--- End quote ---

It was and remains my understanding that the week GSN started with (Sandy Duncan & Nipsey Russell, week of 6/12/78) is the first week of 70s Pyramid that exists in it's entirety outside of the three weeks of $10K that taped at Television City during the CBS run. GSN/Sony may have individual episodes outside of those points, but nothing that could be stripped onto a weekday schedule -  and nothing they saw fit to throw into a marathon or special during the era that they would have considered doing that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version