Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid clue question...  (Read 1821 times)

Kevin Prather

Pyramid clue question...
« on: February 16, 2004, 05:13:14 PM »
On DC's Pyramid, if a response contained part of the answer, you could use that part of the clue in the answer. That being said, here's the act-out...

[font=\"Times\"]"ALI BABA"[/font]

Celeb:          Boxer Muhammed....
Contestant:   Ali.
Celeb:          Ok, the guy on Howard Stern, _____ Booey.
Contestant:   Baba?
Celeb:          Right. Ali Baba. Say "Ali Baba".
Contestant:   Ali Baba.

Would the ding happen after the contestant says Baba, or would they have to carry it out the full way, and if so, is the above a legal way of doing it?

BrandonFG

Pyramid clue question...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 05:19:45 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 05:13 PM\'] On DC's Pyramid, if a response contained part of the answer, you could use that part of the clue in the answer. That being said, here's the act-out...

[font=\"Times\"]"ALI BABA"[/font]

Celeb:          Boxer Muhammed....
Contestant:   Ali.
Celeb:          Ok, the guy on Howard Stern, _____ Booey.
Contestant:   Baba?
Celeb:          Right. Ali Baba. Say "Ali Baba".
Contestant:   Ali Baba.

Would the ding happen after the contestant says Baba, or would they have to carry it out the full way, and if so, is the above a legal way of doing it? [/quote]
I don't know if it would've passed in the 80s, but I saw a clip of something like that on the $20K and $50K versions. On $20K the contestant was trying to get David Letterman to guess "TIMETABLE," and she broke it up:

CONTESTANT (points at wrist): Do you have the...
DAVID: Time...
(CONTESTANT knocks on table.)
DAVID: Table.

The judges dinged it, without having to say the word over.

The $50K clip involved someone trying to get Tony Randall to say "BJORN BORG," and is on Brad Francini's site (gscentral.net).
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Brandon Brooks

Pyramid clue question...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 05:54:53 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 05:19 PM\'] The $50K clip involved someone trying to get Tony Randall to say "BJORN BORG," and is on Brad Francini's site (gscentral.net). [/quote]
 Remember that unless stated, you only have to give the last name.

Brandon Brooks

Little Big Brother

Pyramid clue question...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 06:53:21 PM »
On DC's Pyramid, if a response contained part of the answer, you could use that part of the clue in the answer. That being said, here's the act-out...

"ALI BABA"

Celeb: Boxer Muhammed....
Contestant: Ali.
Celeb: Ok, the guy on Howard Stern, _____ Booey.
Contestant: Baba?
Celeb: Right. Ali Baba. Say "Ali Baba".
Contestant: Ali Baba.

Would the ding happen after the contestant says Baba, or would they have to carry it out the full way, and if so, is the above a legal way of doing it?

I'm guessing that the player would probably get the ding after saying just baba, but considering the amount of time being wasted with such a circuitous route to the answer, you might be better off passing.