The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Split Second 4/4 -- correct answer rejected

<< < (2/2)

gamed121683:
In other words...Fun show, but I’ve seen better officiating at a Globetrotters game.

Matt Ottinger:
My all-time favorite was some cheap 80s syndicated game I've long since forgotten.  The host asked "What is the capital of Spain?"  The contestant confidently said "Madrid" and was told she was wrong.  (The show had "Barcelona".)  They did come back from a commercial break and give her credit for it, so it's not really the same as your example, but it always stuck with me what a fundamental fact that was for their writing staff to be so wrong about in the first place.

rjaguar3:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on April 05, 2020, 06:55:00 PM ---My all-time favorite was some cheap 80s syndicated game I've long since forgotten.  The host asked "What is the capital of Spain?"  The contestant confidently said "Madrid" and was told she was wrong.  (The show had "Barcelona".)  They did come back from a commercial break and give her credit for it, so it's not really the same as your example, but it always stuck with me what a fundamental fact that was for their writing staff to be so wrong about in the first place.

--- End quote ---

More context from 2008.

BillCullen1:
Another goof from Monty's "Split Second." The show that aired on 4/20, they had an address as 704 Houser Street, Brooklyn. The contestant answer Archie Bunker, which was declared right. But if I remember correctly, Archie and Edith lived in Queens. This was during the Countdown Round.

Mr. Armadillo:
704 Houser Street is correct, but yes, the address was probably supposed to be Astoria, Queens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version