Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: People You Wouldn't Like To Host A Game Show  (Read 11340 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
People You Wouldn't Like To Host A Game Show
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2004, 06:35:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 07:02 PM\'] Snoop Dogg: "Shnizzle! dat be wrong Izzle!"
 [/quote]
 "The ob-jizzle for the plizzles is to get three stizzles in a rizzle, acrizzle, up and dizzle, or diagonizzle..." :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gshowman18

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2004, 07:12:45 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 07:01 AM\'] So it's Friday the 13th & I came up with this loaded question.  Who would you hate to see hosting a game show?

The only thing is, it can't be anyone who already hosted a game show in the past (IE Patrick Wayne).

It's not necessary to name a specific game show @ all.

My answer; Fox's own loudmouth (MALCOLM!!!), Jane Kaczmarek!

What are your answers? [/quote]
 That's easy.

GSWitch.  :)

DrBear

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2004, 09:07:57 AM »
It doesn't count for this thread because he HAS hosted a game show, but back in the Usenet days, I once suggested the worst host for a Password revival would be Bobcat Goldthwait.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

GSWitch

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2004, 12:57:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 11:56 PM\'] My apologies.

May I add this, though. There WERE WOMEN ATHLETES who guested on Pro-Fan! That is, according to TV Game Shows author Maxene Fabe; who, in her analysis of the show, mentions 'pro basketball player Karen Logan, tennis star Rosie Casals, and track star Wyomia Tyus.'

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Karen Valentine of the Big Board!' [/quote]
I did mention that in my own game show webpage about Pro Fan's description (look under Games of the 70's).

And on Boardwalk & Baseball, there had been a mixed college team as well as a team from Mount Holyoke.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 03:50:04 PM by GSWitch »

garffreak

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2004, 09:10:43 PM »
Anna Nicole Smith.  Please do NOT let this happen.

whewfan

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2004, 10:54:08 PM »
Just thought of one more...

ROBIN GIVENS- When she hosted Forgive or Forget, one would wonder if there were mirrors mounted on the cameras, because everytime she was on camera, it looked like she was admiring herself and posing as if to say "Oh! I look GOOD!" Half the time it appeared she wasn't really listening.
Not to mention, she added nothing new to the "talk show hostess with attitude" that was already polluting daytime TV at the time. However, according to someone on The Big Board, Jonathan Goodson felt the gentle, caring nature of Mother Love wasn't working, so he resorted to an edgier format, and Forgive or Forget was forgotten shortly after that.

JohnTheGameMan

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2004, 11:31:14 PM »
Now I do agree on Robin Givens, for when she was brought on to "Forgive or Forget", the novelty aspect of it, along with Mother Love's caring personality, was all but shot.  It just became another boring talk show.
Speaking of which, who wants to see Ricki Lake host a game show?  I, for one, do not.  I don't think she has the panache to do so.
I also agree on Magic Johnson, for his talk show was abysmal.  I remembered an episode when he interviewed Nicholle Tom from "The Nanny" and Magic had a very, very hard time coming up with questions to ask her.
One more candidate, just for the heck of it:  Eric Braeden (Young and the Restless):  He would be yelling at the contestants who get answers wrong all the time.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2004, 11:55:56 PM »
Joe Namath. Considering his attitude today, Mark Goodson better be glad he didn't hire him for the CBS Family Feud.

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2004, 03:13:04 PM »
I also agree on Magic Johnson, for his talk show was abysmal. I remembered an episode when he interviewed Nicholle Tom from "The Nanny" and Magic had a very, very hard time coming up with questions to ask her.

If you ever get a chance to, watch Mad TV on Comedy Central, and look out for when they do a sketch called the "Magic Jeopardy Hour," where his talk show is turned into a game show (guess which one!). It was during the 98-99 season, when Mad TV was still worth watching. :-P

The sketch will further your beliefs. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

johnnya2k3

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2004, 04:32:41 AM »
I would add...

Jessica Simpson
Pat O'Brien (he did a pilot for The Krypton Factor for Fox, but it wasn't picked up because of how SMARMY he is doing Access Hollywood!)
Colleen Haskell
Dick Vitale
O.J. Simpson
Hilary Duff
Wanda Sykes
John McLaughlin
Trevor McDonald (for our British folks; he's too serious)
Anybody from the "I've just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico" commercials
Sarah Michelle Gellar (just kidding)

BTW, Don Priess of Shop 'Til You Drop didn't announce the Grammys last week as I thought; they were Kevin Beyeler and Gene Baxter (aka "Kevin and Bean" of KROQ).

Jonathan Allen
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 06:35:59 PM by johnnya2k3 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2004, 01:37:07 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 07:01 AM\'] Who would you hate to see hosting a game show?
 [/quote]
 Most members of this board.
Caroline Rhea, Sharon Osbourne don't seem to have much class.
Gilbert, as someone else mentioned.  Any NBC sports commentator--do ANY of them know a damn thing without looking at a book or teleprompter?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TrplPlayRD

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2004, 04:06:27 AM »
1. Judge Maybeline Ephram from Divorce Court
2. Jessica Simpson
3. Anna Nicole Smith
4. Vince McMahon
5. Eric Bischoff
6. Sue Johansson (Sunday Night Sex Show)
7. Johnny Knoxville
8. Tony Kornheiser from PTI
9. Tom Arnold
10. Don Cherry
11. any of the Osbournes
12. anyone who appeared on infomercials
13. the 5 Queer Eye guys
14. Gloria Allred
15. Mark Geragos
16. Jesse Jackson
17. Louis Farrakhan
18. Ja Rule