Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: People You Wouldn't Like To Host A Game Show  (Read 11458 times)

GSWitch

People You Wouldn't Like To Host A Game Show
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 03:17:12 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 11:08 AM\'] My answer; Fox's own loudmouth (MALCOLM!!!), Jane Kaczmarek!

May I point out that Jane Kazcmarek is an actress playing a part and seems to be a charming and refined woman offstage--we know for sure that Bradley Whitford likes her a lot.  :) [/quote]
I realize that.  Guess I get that from my grandma.

Back when my grandma was living, she liked the Mary Tyler Moore Show.  But she couldn't stand the character Sue Ann Nivens (Betty White).  

Guess that would make Bradley Whitford...Allen Ludden!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 03:20:36 PM by GSWitch »

GSWitch

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 03:22:38 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 09:47 AM\'] Richard Nixon
Marcel Marceau
Schleprock from Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm
Paul Harvey
The guy across the hall who smokes like a chimney
Floyd R. Turbo
Joe Jackson (the singer, not Michael's dad -- ah hell, neither one of them should host one)
Andrew Fastow (high school classmate and ex-Enron CFO)
Tracy Partridge
John Cougar Mellencamp [/quote]
 I should've mentioned; NO dead people, fictional & cartoon characters.

nbuckler14

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 04:41:53 PM »
Hmm...that's a tough one....I would have say, Judge Judy, she is just too mean.  I mean imagine her hosting Wheel during the speed up round, "Everybody, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! we're trying to play a D*** game here!"  Ok maybe she wouldn't say it just like that but still I wouldn't wan't her as a gameshow host.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

MCArroyo1

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 04:54:02 PM »
Our good pal Muhammed from Jeopardy!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 05:02:23 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 02:41 PM\'] Hmm...that's a tough one....I would have say, Judge Judy, she is just too mean.  I mean imagine her hosting Wheel during the speed up round, "Everybody, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! we're trying to play a D*** game here!"  Ok maybe she wouldn't say it just like that but still I wouldn't wan't her as a gameshow host. [/quote]
 No, but you just made an excellent case for her taking over for Barker when he hangs it up. I can't tell you how many TPiR contestants I've wanted to yell that at. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Winkfan

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 05:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 12:22 PM\'] I should've mentioned; NO dead people, fictional & cartoon characters. [/quote]
 So much for John Hamilton as Perry White from the old Adventures of Superman.

But as far as 'GSWimp' is concerned he wouldn't want to see ANY woman hosting a game show!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Karen Valentine of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

massman1

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2004, 06:15:07 PM »
"And here's the new hostess of Shop(lift) 'Til You Drop. Winona Ryder!"

(I'm sorry, I love her as an actress, but this one was just too tempting to pass up...)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 06:15:49 PM by massman1 »

nbuckler14

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2004, 08:06:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 04:02 PM\']
No, but you just made an excellent case for her taking over for Barker when he hangs it up. I can't tell you how many TPiR contestants I've wanted to yell that at. :) [/quote]
 Now that would be funny, I can see it now, "John Doe COME ON DOWN!" and Judy would say, "SIT YOUR A** DOWN!!!!!!!!!  CALL A DIFFERENT LOSER RANDY!!!!!!!"  

BTW, I couldn't agree with you more about wanting to yell at TPIR contestants. :D
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

whewfan

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2004, 08:30:31 PM »
Here's my personal list...

Anna Ricci- First host of While You Were Out, (hosted so briefly even the official site doesn't acknowledge she hosted the first 10 shows.) She looked a little uncomfy on camera.

The Pet Psychic- Come on, how can you take a crock like her so seriously?

The Divine Design hostess- Has the intelligence of a piece of driftwood and would mug the camera way too much.

Judy Tenuta- Need I say why?

John Edwards- The "I see dead people" guy, not the Senator. Too creepy

Rita Rudner- Funny lady, but too timid to be a game show personality. I saw her discussion/comedy show Ask Rita, which can be entertaining, but Rita does look a little uncomfy. She may fare well as a panelist, however.

Dustin Diamond- We already had two Saved By the Bell alums host game shows (Mario Lopez hosted Masters of the Maze and Mark Paul Gozzalar (sp?) hosted Brains and Brawn), and what have we learned.... Saved by the Bell alums should NEVER host game shows, and luckilly Dustin hasn't taken the same leap.

BTW, when Roseanne tried to obtain the rights to Holywood Squares (which would've been called Planet Hollywood Squares) she announced that SHE would host. Thank god that didn't happen!

Starkman

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2004, 09:02:51 PM »
Ah yes, only Mario Lopez could make someone long for the hosting excellence of J.D. Roth

Actually I thought Judge Judy would have made a great hostess for Weakest Link.

Anyway my choices.

Rosie O'Donnell: Way too intense with her idiotic humor. No need for canned ham except as a parting gift.

Snoop Dogg: "Shnizzle! dat be wrong Izzle!"

Darrell Waltrip: Unless of course fandango comes back, then he can voice edgar or if there is a new show called "Win, Lose, Or Drawl" ;)

Since puppets have hosted game shows before id also nominate Elmo.

GSWitch

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2004, 10:44:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 04:42 PM\'] But as far as 'GSWimp' is concerned he wouldn't want to see ANY woman hosting a game show!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Karen Valentine of the Big Board!' [/quote]
 I happen to like Vicki Lawrence when she did Win, Lose or Draw for NBC.   As well as Sarah Purcell doing Better Sex, Louise DuArt on Rodeo Drive & YES!  Anne Robinson doing The Weakest Link!

Winkfan

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2004, 12:56:03 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 07:44 PM\'] I happen to like Vicki Lawrence when she did Win, Lose or Draw for NBC. As well as Sarah Purcell doing The Better Sex, Louise DuArt on Rodeo Drive, & YES! Anne Robinson doing The Weakest Link! [/quote]
 My apologies.

May I add this, though. There WERE WOMEN ATHLETES who guested on Pro-Fan! That is, according to TV Game Shows author Maxene Fabe; who, in her analysis of the show, mentions 'pro basketball player Karen Logan, tennis star Rosie Casals, and track star Wyomia Tyus.'

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Karen Valentine of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

DrJWJustice

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2004, 02:35:01 AM »
Let me answer this question in an unusual but creative way.  As some of you may know, I work with the Boy Scouts of America.  Every couple of years, the Order of the Arrow portion of the program has a national conference.  I've been adviser to the live game show part of the conference for the past six years.  We played Match Game in 2002, and I was on the panel.  In the form of the question on that game and my answer, here are people I wouldn't want to ever see hosting a game show:

HOST:  "Americas's Funniest Home Videos is producing a TV movie about BILL CLINTON.  What's so funny is that the role of LINDA TRIPP is being played by [blank]."

PLAYER:  "JUDGE JUDY".

JW:  "You know, I always thought you ought to cast people in a movie like this who resemble the characters they're playing, so I said HOWARD STERN."

inturnaround

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2004, 04:11:39 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 08:30 PM\'] Anna Ricci- First host of While You Were Out, (hosted so briefly even the official site doesn't acknowledge she hosted the first 10 shows.) She looked a little uncomfy on camera.

[/quote]
That would be Anna Bocci. She's cute, but she seems...lighter than air. No substance.

People I think shouldn't host a game show:

Earvin "Magic" Johnson: I'm not sure why they gave someone who can barely talk a talk show, but he sure shouldn't get a game show.

Chevy Chase: Another talk show loser. He'd try to be funny, fail, and sink the show.

Clint Eastwood: "I know what you're thinking. Agree or disagree? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've forgotten what the answer was. But being as this is Rosie O'Donnell, one of the worst bluffers in the game, able to annoy your behind clean off, you have to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do you, punk?"

Rosie O'Donnell: See above. In her world, no one would ever lose and everyone would be able to play the bonus game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 08:28:08 AM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2004, 05:54:29 AM »
Here are my choices:

Howard Stern:  His shows on E! are enough for me to say no to a game show.  The producers would flat out reject him based on his credentials.

Ozzy Osborne:  Always has a tendency to mumble a lot these days & throws cuss words at you from time to time.  Definitely a no-no in the game show racket.

Jeff Gordon:  Too nasty especially his personallity on the track can rub off in the studio.  I can just picture him on Wheel.

OK Y'all!  Get reeady for our first toss-up for a THOUSAND buckeroos!