The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

PYL 2019 has a host!

<< < (23/24) > >>

Neumms:

--- Quote from: The Ol' Guy on June 12, 2019, 11:49:25 PM ---Play classic PYL with three players, three questions per round.

--- End quote ---

Fewer spins in the deciding round could hurt the chances of having a really good game, though, and the half hour (if Monday is any indication) would still be pretty tight.

My idea is scrap first rounds and play three one-round games in the hour. Three new contestants in each of the first two games with Big Bucks set at $10,000, then the two winners face off in the third game--this is a duel on ABC!--for Jaguars and higher stakes.

The Ol' Guy:
That did come to mind, Neumms, and an increase in the number of spaces with a free spin in the second round could take care of that issue. But anything that could keep the bonus game to 15 minutes or less is welcome. These suggestions are moot, though, since they're not likely to change anything this season. When this run is done and ABC or some other entity thinks there's still a future for the show, they might try more ideas then and see how they test.

chrisholland03:
A lady I went to church with was a contestant on Pyramid in the mid-80s.  She had all kinds of wack-a-doos reaching out to her when GSN reran her episodes a few years ago.  In fairness, I've known her for about 10 years and she knew I loved GS - and I never made the connection until she mentioned the wack-a-doos.

Neumms:

--- Quote from: The Ol' Guy on June 13, 2019, 11:28:11 PM ---That did come to mind, Neumms, and an increase in the number of spaces with a free spin in the second round could take care of that issue. But anything that could keep the bonus game to 15 minutes or less is welcome. These suggestions are moot, though, since they're not likely to change anything this season. When this run is done and ABC or some other entity thinks there's still a future for the show, they might try more ideas then and see how they test.

--- End quote ---

True on all counts. Getting rid of the bonus is ideal, of course, since it's not television's most competitive game while they're not competing with anyone.

Kniwt:
Perhaps I'm misremembering, but did the June 19 episode change its opening spiel back to the '80s verbatim original, restoring the words about "the most exciting game of their lives"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version