The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Concentration staff/audience info?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Argo:
I'm thought it made more sense to me at the time, but what I meant was that like Wheel of Fortune, as stated in a documentary or special one time, the show was pretty boring to see in person so they didn't get much of an audience. I assume concentration suffered the same fate just due to style of show.

Nice to see the same rude comments haven't disappeared. I really don't know why I bother posting here anymore. Probably a lot of people would appreciate it. Congratulations and apologies for getting everyone up in arms about it. Ah well it is the Internet after all.

DoorNumberFour:
I think, as a whole, greater effort could be made by all members (including myself) to:

- Convey our thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise way, and take the extra minute to go back and proofread/edit what we post before we hit that button, and

- Give benefit of  the doubt when the thoughts and ideas we read aren’t necessarily the clearest or most concise, and take the extra minute and say to ourselves “Maybe what he meant was...” or “By x, did you mean y?”

Of course, there are some among us who have made a years-long habit of not doing either of these things, but to avoid snark and unnecessarily hurt feelings, all we can do is improve for our own sake and for the good of the forum. After all, we’re all here to learn and have fun and share our passion for this genre with each other.

TLEberle:
Co-sign. Christian said what I was thinking. Everyone has to put in work to get the output they want.

BrandonFG:
Agreed with Christian. There’s posts that make me roll my eyes and/or rub my temples. I can’t say Argo has ever had that effect. Maybe his post was ambiguous or lacking context, but I don’t think it deserved the snark here either.

Brian44:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 18, 2019, 12:25:02 AM ---Maybe his post was ambiguous or lacking context, but I don’t think it deserved the snark here either.

--- End quote ---

Right off the bat, I can think of two posters here who automatically get snarked upon no matter what they say, and they both happen to share my first name. Neither deserves it every single time, IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version