The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

WoF: Buying a car

<< < (2/4) > >>

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 07, 2018, 12:17:02 AM ---I can't find it, but there's an episode from Christmas 1979, where a female contestant buys a car by solving SLEIGH BELLS RING ARE YOU LISTENIN'. For some reason, I wanna say that was a round one puzzle, but I could be wrong.

--- End quote ---

One of my favorite WoF moments of the Woolery era! That came to mind too, but I think I remember Chuck stating about the $1,000 space on the wheel and she happened to hit upon it for multiple letters.

BrandonFG:
So it was second round. Thanks, everyone. :)

TLEberle:
I recall a couple of clips that were posted here when that was just a thread and not a section where contestants on the nighttime version piled up a huge bankroll and bought two cars each.

alexb1186:
Courtenay O'Connell was on in September 1979 and bought a $6,160 Subaru Brat in round 2 on her first show.  Had a large puzzle and hit multiple $650s and a few $850s.  If there is something I'm missing to post a PNG screenshot I'd share it.

knagl:

--- Quote from: alexb1186 on January 25, 2020, 12:33:26 AM ---If there is something I'm missing to post a PNG screenshot I'd share it.
--- End quote ---

From the full reply page (not the optional quick-reply at the bottom of a page), expand the "Attachments and other options" text and use the "Choose File" button under the "Attach:" heading.

Alternately, if that doesn't work or you don't have that option, upload it to PostImages.org and paste the "Hotlink for forums" code in a reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version