Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Late night and game show connection  (Read 6154 times)

ChuckNet

Late night and game show connection
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 05:12:51 PM »
Jay also appeared on Battlestars and the MG/HS Hour, IIRC.

Tattletales, as well...he seemed to be all over the GS circuit in 1983. Did he ever do Just Men?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 07:13:44 PM »
QUOTE (Ian Wallis @ Jan 28 2004, 10:02 AM)

Dave was also on a couple of weeks of "The Love Experts" in 1978. 

Wouldn't those be a hoot to see again? Or, for me, for the first time. Next time Dave goes on vacation, CBS could unearth these shows (which they own) for campy late-show filler.

I imagine Dave would shoot himself in the head or do anything else to convince CBS not to air them. As it is the reruns of his NBC show are airing very much against his will, and, save for a 10-second clip of the premiere and 4 seconds of the finale, Dave is refusing to let his daytime show (which he owns) see the light of day.

And given Les Moonves' attitude toward game shows, I'm sure he's all for letting "The Love Experts" stay in the vault.

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 07:20:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 07:13 PM\']
QUOTE (Ian Wallis @ Jan 28 2004, 10:02 AM)

Dave was also on a couple of weeks of "The Love Experts" in 1978. 

Wouldn't those be a hoot to see again? Or, for me, for the first time. Next time Dave goes on vacation, CBS could unearth these shows (which they own) for campy late-show filler.

I imagine Dave would shoot himself in the head or do anything else to convince CBS not to air them. As it is the reruns of his NBC show are airing very much against his will, and, save for a 10-second clip of the premiere and 4 seconds of the finale, Dave is refusing to let his daytime show (which he owns) see the light of day.

[/quote]
 I'm surprised he didn't try to keep GSN from running his Password Plus and $20K Pyramid appearances and the Riddlers pilot.

bricon

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 10:07:24 PM »

Unless they've just been sold, Sony owns Love Experts, as part of the Bob Stewart library.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004, 11:09:26 AM »
Unless they've just been sold, Sony owns Love Experts, as part of the Bob Stewart library.

While it is part of the Bob Stewart library, I don't think Sony owns it.  I'm pretty sure it falls under the same senario as Bill Cullen's "$25,000 Pyramid" - that the syndicator still owns part of it.  That's probably why we've never seen either show on GSN.

I'm surprised he didn't try to keep GSN from running his Password Plus and $20K Pyramid appearances and the Riddlers pilot.

According to previous rumours, Letterman originally didn't sign the waiver clearing their airings, that's why it took almost three years before GSN aired any of his episodes.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

litpdwi16

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2004, 06:34:30 PM »
Doesn't anyone remember the Pat Sajak show?

And we know what he does now.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 02:34:43 AM »
[quote name=\'litpdwi16\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:34 PM\'] Doesn't anyone remember the Pat Sajak show?

And we know what he does now. [/quote]
 Huh?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2004, 10:06:55 AM »
[quote name=\'litpdwi16\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 05:34 PM\'] Doesn't anyone remember the Pat Sajak show? [/quote]
 Personally, I'm trying to forget it.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)