Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Announcer and model schedule for Feb.  (Read 9199 times)

zachhoran

TPIR Announcer and model schedule for Feb.
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2004, 08:40:36 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 08:24 PM\'] Art Astor, a longtime radio personality in the area.
And a radio station owner in San Diego.  He also was an executive for Drake-Chenault, the programming company run by Bill Drake, the man behind "Boss Radio."

An article I found on him from Google from last year says that he's 77 (perhaps 78 by now).  That's right, an announcer only a few years younger than Barker. [/quote]
 Gene Wood is that old, and Charlie O and Johnny G. are almost that old. Seems weird to see a 70-something announcing for Fremantle, but we'll see how he does.

cmjb13

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2004, 05:35:28 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 08:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 27 2004, 08:24 PM\'] Art Astor, a longtime radio personality in the area.
And a radio station owner in San Diego.  He also was an executive for Drake-Chenault, the programming company run by Bill Drake, the man behind "Boss Radio."

An article I found on him from Google from last year says that he's 77 (perhaps 78 by now).  That's right, an announcer only a few years younger than Barker. [/quote]
Gene Wood is that old, and Charlie O and Johnny G. are almost that old. Seems weird to see a 70-something announcing for Fremantle, but we'll see how he does. [/quote]
I don't think age is a factor when you are not on camera.

I would think longevity, more importantly, the right fit, is a consideration.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 06:00:32 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JayC

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2004, 06:53:47 PM »
I think that Charlie O'Donnel could be PiR's announcer, but only on days where Plinko is played.  Judging on his 25k announcment on Wheel, he could master the reveal of Plinko.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2004, 10:49:56 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 04:53 PM\'] I think that Charlie O'Donnel could be PiR's announcer, but only on days where Plinko is played.  Judging on his 25k announcment on Wheel, he could master the reveal of Plinko. [/quote]
 Yes, absolutely, let's hire a guy based on how he says ONE THING.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2004, 12:05:12 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2004, 10:49 PM\'] Yes, absolutely, let's hire a guy based on how he says ONE THING. [/quote]
 ONE THING.

Do I get the part? :-D