Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Announcer and model schedule for Feb.  (Read 9193 times)

Matt Ottinger

TPIR Announcer and model schedule for Feb.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 07:41:44 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 07:47 PM\'] I think Randy told us that Frechuckle decided to not give any announcers a permanent PiR job. [/quote]
No, I don't believe you'll find that Randy said any such thing.

As for "Art Sanders", there appears to be a minor Seattle radio personality by that name, but I think there's also a chance that the CBS web site may have gotten the name wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time they've done that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 07:46:24 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 10:08:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:41 PM\'] As for "Art Sanders", there appears to be a minor Seattle radio personality by that name, but I think there's also a chance that the CBS web site may have gotten the name wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time they've done that. [/quote]
 Awfully damn minor. I've never heard of the guy.

(googling...)

Ah, KOMO 1000. That explains it. Don't listen to that unless the Mariners are on. All-news formats bore me to tears.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 10:24:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 11:08 PM\'] Ah, KOMO 1000. That explains it. Don't listen to that unless the Mariners are on. All-news formats bore me to tears. [/quote]
 I take it you don't listen to Frasier Crane on KACL either?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 10:55:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 08:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 11:08 PM\'] Ah, KOMO 1000. That explains it. Don't listen to that unless the Mariners are on. All-news formats bore me to tears. [/quote]
I take it you don't listen to Frasier Crane on KACL either? [/quote]
 No. Nor have I ever been to his apartment, as I can't swim. :)

tyshaun1

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2004, 12:39:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 06:41 PM\'] Roger Rose is somewhat well known.  He was a VJ on VH-1 and is the brother of the late ABC newsman and "Split Second" champ Judd Rose. [/quote]
He is also the current announcer on SpikeTV's "The John Henson Project". From the 5 seconds I heard from him, he sounded a cross between John Cramer (from Weakest Link and 21 fame) and Alan Kalter. Interesting to see how he will fit with the TPIR vibe...........

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 12:40:18 AM by tyshaun1 »

MitchJoseph2004

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2004, 01:58:32 PM »
Speaking of Kalter........... would I be the only one who thinks someone should give him a try on TPiR? He's had g/s experience....... didn't he do some Pyramid and TTTT80?

Chief-O

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2004, 02:05:02 PM »
>> Speaking of Kalter........... would I be the only one who thinks someone should give him a try on TPiR?
He once did the ticket plug during an episode of the Late Show. Wanna hear him? Here you go...[file courtesy JRJ Games]

http://www.jrjgames.com/main/promos/pirplug.ra
.....and it goes like this!!!

uncamark

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »
[quote name=\'MitchJoseph2004\' date=\'Jan 24 2004, 01:58 PM\']Speaking of Kalter........... would I be the only one who thinks someone should give him a try on TPiR? He's had g/s experience....... didn't he do some Pyramid and TTTT80?[/quote]
I don't think Dave would let him go--and considering the taping schedule, he simply couldn't do both shows at once.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2004, 07:32:18 PM »
I've never heard Alan Kalter do a west coast show, not that he couldn't hop a plane, but everything he's ever been on was based in New York.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2004, 08:18:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 07:08 PM\'][quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 05:41 PM\'] As for "Art Sanders", there appears to be a minor Seattle radio personality by that name[/quote]
Awfully damn minor. I've never heard of the guy.[/quote]
You've heard of his much more famous brother, Larry :-P

I listen to Frazier Crane here in L.A. on the nighttime skip.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 08:21:00 PM by chris319 »

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2004, 12:02:09 AM »
I was thinking Alan might do a good job as TPIR announcer, given he did the TPIR ticket plug once (listened to the clip numerous times). I'm another person who thinks he should do the announcer gig.

I heard that Gene Wood is still alive. Maybe HE could be the next permanent announcer on TPIR (It's been 6 years since we last heard him, as we heard him do the consolation prize plugs in the Summer of 1998.)

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2004, 02:01:36 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 25 2004, 10:02 PM\'] I heard that Gene Wood is still alive. Maybe HE could be the next permanent announcer on TPIR (It's been 6 years since we last heard him, as we heard him do the consolation prize plugs in the Summer of 1998.) [/quote]
 Maybe not.

Gene's style was no great shakes for TPiR when he filled in following Johnny Olsen's death. I doubt it's improved.

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2004, 02:31:25 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 26 2004, 12:02 AM\'] I heard that Gene Wood is still alive. Maybe HE could be the next permanent announcer on TPIR (It's been 6 years since we last heard him, as we heard him do the consolation prize plugs in the Summer of 1998.) [/quote]
 1) Last I read, Gene is retired. After all, if he were still in the business, don't you think he'd be doing Feud right now?

2) I don't remember the reason, but I know that the summer 98 gig was just a one-time deal ("one-time" meaning the entire summer of 1998). I think it was just to keep the plugs fresh for summer reruns. I'm probably way off with that, so someone please feel free to correct me
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2004, 07:52:40 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 24 2004, 12:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 06:41 PM\'] Roger Rose is somewhat well known.  He was a VJ on VH-1 and is the brother of the late ABC newsman and "Split Second" champ Judd Rose. [/quote]
He is also the current announcer on SpikeTV's "The John Henson Project". From the 5 seconds I heard from him, he sounded a cross between John Cramer (from Weakest Link and 21 fame) and Alan Kalter. Interesting to see how he will fit with the TPIR vibe...........

Tyshaun [/quote]
 I heard Roger briefly on Henson's show and he doesn't sound too bad.

I look forward to hearing him.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

davemackey

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2004, 02:31:17 PM »
Not to take away from present company, but I heard that Edd Hall is gonna have a lot of time on his hands after March.... you think he'd audition?