Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Final Answer Question  (Read 1536 times)

Little Big Brother

Final Answer Question
« on: January 21, 2004, 07:33:13 PM »
So on the British version, the Syndie version, and various other foreign versions of Millionaire, they sometimes go to commercial after the contestant says "Final Answer".  It built up suspense the first couple of times I've seen it on Syndie Millionaire, especially since it was used on upper tier questions.  However, I have not seen it where they come back from break and the contestant was wrong.  

Have I missed that happening on this version and do they come back from break on other versions with the contestant being wrong?

I can see how it would be viewed as cruel if you were wrong but if you are a contestant and they go to break after you say "Final", it seems like you could breathe easier until the next question.

Thanks!

inturnaround

Final Answer Question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 09:16:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 07:33 PM\'] Have I missed that happening on this version and do they come back from break on other versions with the contestant being wrong?
 [/quote]
 I'm fairly sure US WWTBAM has had some strike out after a break, but I can't recall any from the top of my head.

The first time I saw them do this was Chris Tarrant on the original UK Millionaire (which I actually got to watch live last week through the miracle of the 'net) back in 2000. They came back from commercial and it was wrong. I remember liking the suspense created by the tease and wondering when they would bring it stateside.

So, no, they're not always right...otherwise, it's not much of a tease, is it? It would then be just a way to say "You're right!" on a time delay.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

zachhoran

Final Answer Question
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:29:11 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 09:16 PM\']
I'm fairly sure US WWTBAM has had some strike out after a break, but I can't recall any from the top of my head.

So, no, they're not always right...otherwise, it's not much of a tease, is it? It would then be just a way to say "You're right!" on a time delay. [/quote]
 I've not seen them come from a commercial break to tell someone they had the wrong answer either.

Ian Wallis

Final Answer Question
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 09:58:12 AM »
I've not seen them come from a commercial break to tell someone they had the wrong answer either.

Is this something you think they'd actually do?   I suppose if this never happened the contestant would always know they were right and that would take away the suspense.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

Final Answer Question
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 10:12:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 09:58 AM\']

Is this something you think they'd actually do?   I suppose if this never happened the contestant would always know they were right and that would take away the suspense. [/quote]
 Meredith seems too nice to do something like that to a contestant. Lately, before some commercial breaks and just after someone gave a final answer,  she's been saying something to the effect of "we have to take a commercial now, but enjoy the (insert amount of money) you just won for being correct"