Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Play Pointless!  (Read 3514 times)

Peter Sarrett

Let's Play Pointless!
« on: September 17, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
It's that time again!  Help me run a live game show for a couple hundred people.  Visit
http://www.staticzombie.com/projects/pointless/pointless.php and play Pointless!  Well, it's more like playing The Rich List, since I need you to generate the data I'll use to create a game of Pointless.  There are 21 questions, and each will take under 2 minutes to answer.  If you can't answer them all at once, you can come back and answer more later.

Your password info is encrypted and your email will not be used for any purpose other than sending an email reminder next year when I have a new survey.

Feel free to forward this to friends and family.  Thanks for the help!

- Peter

BrandonFG

Re: Let's Play Pointless!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 06:20:53 PM »
I got a 404 error.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:42:55 PM »
My web host is not the most reliable.    :'(  Keep trying and you should get through.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »
One of your lists is missing an element.  I typed it in several times and it did not register, and I know it is a valid answer.

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »
One glitch I came across was if you enter a valid last name only, sometimes it counts and sometimes it doesn't.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 03:13:21 AM »
Mike: Please PM me with the entry you believe is missing!

As for last names, good feedback.  I'll add more last name aliases.  In some categories, however, last names are sometimes non-unique and so I require a full name.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »
And your system won't let me register as a new user.  Whenever I submit my info, I end up with a blank page.  Tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox, all with no love.
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 04:01:17 AM »
Interesting, others have registered with no problem.  Is it possible you've already registered in the past?  Try logging in instead of registering.

Admittedly, the error reporting is poor.   :'(

Vgmastr

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »
Same thing was happening to me.  I'd get a blank screen when trying to register and an error if I tried to log in.  It is possible having an e-mail address with two periods in would cause it?  My main e-mail is a Road Runner e-mail, and their addresses end in .rr.com.  I tried my Yahoo e-mail, which I barely ever use, and that worked fine.