Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karn Family Feud vs. 100 Mexicanos Dijeron  (Read 7405 times)

gameshowguy2000

Karn Family Feud vs. 100 Mexicanos Dijeron
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2004, 12:25:08 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 11:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'CarbonCpy\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 08:35 PM\'] (...But I thought Juego was Portugese, wasn't it?)
 [/quote]
Something like that. Maybe Spain? I remember them using the peseta as the unit of money they would wager on the various stunts. [/quote]
 Yep, the Peseta is Spain's currency unit, the Peso, Mexico's currency unit.

Portugal's currency unit is the Escudo.

"Juego" is Spanish.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2004, 12:53:42 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 10:25 PM\'] "Juego" is Spanish. [/quote]
 I believe he's referring to the origin of the show, most of us at least know enough pidgin Spanish to know what "juego" means.

So you're still right, for once, just not in the way you thought.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Little Big Brother

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2004, 01:23:52 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a site that has information about Spanish-language Game Shows?  I still miss the short-lived series A Millon that was on Univision in early 2001 and 100 Mexicanos Dijeron sounds like a lot of fun.  I'd probably enjoy these shows even more if I spoke one word of Spanish, but if the entertainment can transcend language they must be good shows.

Thanks!

Starkman

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2004, 07:50:15 AM »
To me the 1 strike round (although after watching it again it is better than the Anderson/karn version) did turn me off to CMD, but on the whole the set is very mexican home like, and the set does make me think of the dawson days. Karn ill give alot of credit to as it is now a watchable format with DCs and the warmer set.

However I still think CMD is the better show, and hey im starting to pick up some spanish from it.

Anyone know if you can get Caption C1 subtitles on CMD like you can on the Telenovelas?