Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "$100,000 Pyramid" primetime this summer on ABC  (Read 239553 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: "$100,000 Pyramid" primetime this summer on ABC
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2016, 06:04:21 PM »
On the one hand, the show is being run by people who are fondly aware of the original and intend to do it justice.  On the other hand, this is not the era of Bob Stewart-style quick-and-cheap production.  This is a network prime-time series, and they will no doubt take their time to do it right.  I would strongly caution you not to expect real-time shows, but I doubt you'll be enduring anything horrific.

Guesstimate one hour shooting time per half-hour show?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Sodboy13

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »
If you're going to the first taping, I'd guesstimate longer. That's the one where they figure things out.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »
Either way, plan on being there awhile. I don't know how many episodes they plan on shooting in a session but I would say listen to Gene and expect an hour to be spent on one episode. Not just for filming but for stopdowns and other things, plus some post-production reshooting of certain bits if necessary.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2016, 11:38:44 PM »
Is the Endemol method a thing anymore? Seems like that really only happened for the NBC shows and Show Me the Money. I haven't read anything about a single taping going five-plus hours in quite some time.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2016, 11:47:09 PM »
Still a thing--each show only has however many episodes to gain a foothold so they're not going to leave in anything that doesn't contribute to a 100% finished product as they see it. That means we can look forward to ten hours of The Pyramid that look and sound the same but for the players and game material.
Travis L. Eberle

Sodboy13

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2016, 12:25:41 AM »
Is the Endemol method a thing anymore? Seems like that really only happened for the NBC shows and Show Me the Money. I haven't read anything about a single taping going five-plus hours in quite some time.

First taping of The Chase in 2013 took about 6 hours, I think. But by the next day, they had it down to 2 to 3 hours.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2016, 12:50:12 AM »
Oh, that's right. I forgot producers don't believe in office run-throughs anymore.

/Only halfway kidding
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 04:56:02 AM »
Oh, that's right. I forgot producers don't believe in office run-throughs anymore.

/Only halfway kidding

Was about to say...those exist in spades. It's the pilot stage largely disappearing that could have helped with a lot of this, as well as (more) genuine full rehearsals.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

trainman

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »
There was a full studio rehearsal of "The Chase" -- I was one of the rehearsal contestants. Guess I didn't do a good enough job if the first actual taping took 6 hours.
trainman is a man of trains

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 10:45:05 PM »
Hey guys.  (Long-time lurker.  First post in YEARS.)

I'll be at the 2 PM taping tomorrow in NYC with a priority ticket.  I look forward to it.  Yeah, the ticket says the taping is from 2 to 5 PM, but we'll see how long it'll last!

/Shoutout to @chad1m  :-)
-Sanford

aaron sica

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »
Hey guys.  (Long-time lurker.  First post in YEARS.)

I'll be at the 2 PM taping tomorrow in NYC with a priority ticket.  I look forward to it.  Yeah, the ticket says the taping is from 2 to 5 PM, but we'll see how long it'll last!

/Shoutout to @chad1m  :-)

Have fun! I'm going a week from today.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »
The host has tons of experience doing live tv, so I would not expect any delays in taping.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »
The host has tons of experience doing live tv, so I would not expect any delays in taping.

9/10. Some of your better work. You'll get bites.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2016, 01:58:30 PM »
9/10. Some of your better work.
<CLANG!>
Charge!
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »

9/10. Some of your better work. You'll get bites.

I'm gonna be one of them, just for shiggles.  Strahan is listed as an EP for this.  Is he going to have any actual power on set, or is this just a vanity credit?  One of the other EP's is his production company co-founder, but the third brought us such fine gems as Million Dollar Password.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."